Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Low water pressure
Author: CharlotteIsabellasp (FL)

There's the low water pressure in my shower. What should I do?

Re: Low water pressure
Author: vic (CA)

There are so many variables. First thing I would do is takeoff my shower head and see how much water comes out when I turn the water on.

Author: floraudowell (FL)

A poorly performing faucet is likely to have a clogged aerator. Unscrew the nozzle and look for signs of buildup. If the piece needs to be cleaned, soak it in a vinegar-water solution; if that doesn’t work, buy a replacement.

Author: DaveMill (CA)

Vic is advising you to check whether your shower head is clogged, by removing it and checking the flow.

floraudowell is advising you to check the aerator in your shower head. Not all shower heads have aerators, but in any case, the first step is still what Vic suggested, remove the shower head and check the flow.

Other things to check:
* How is the flow at the sink? Toilet? If their flow is also slow, the problem may be further upstream.
* Is the low flow just hot, just cold or both?
* How is the flow in nearby bathrooms or kitchens?

Feel free to come back when you have more information.

Author: michael1234 (FL)

low water pressure can be caused by many things ranging from blocked shower heads or accidentally turned shut-off valves to the more serious causes like blocked pipes or a leak somewhere in the line.

Author: claytonclive (FL)

Shower low water pressure can be caused by many things ranging from blocked shower heads or accidentally turned shut-off valves to the more serious causes like blocked pipes or a leak somewhere in the line. Low water pressure can also be due to more than one problem.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.