Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Three handle tub shower faucet handle screws
Author: sum (FL)

I have one of these old style PFister three handle faucet in a rental bathroom.

The round plastic "taps" on the front of the handle are missing, so are the screws that holds the handles to their stems.

Can these screws and taps be purchased by themselves or you have to get a new set of handles? Anyone know what type of screws these are? Are they standard say 10-24, 10-32, 12-24 type machine screw sizes?

Re: Three handle tub shower faucet handle screws
Author: hj (AZ)

They are standard screws, but I have never had to know the size. Many places have the buttons and screws separate.

Author: LI Guy (IN)

Check the orange or blue big box store...you can usually buy a kit that has an assortment of washers and stem/handle screws. Not sure if there is one standard size, but all the ones I've seen are standard SAE 8-32, 10-24, 10-32, etc. You may also be able to find a plastic screw cap kit that "fits most"....

- - - - - - -

Not a plumber by trade but a fierce DIYer

Author: srloren (CA)

You could also have seats that are wired (a grovel worn into the seat preventing a seal). You will need a seat wrench from Big Box to remove the old seat and take it to the Big Box to buy replacement seat. Those shower/tub valves are always wearing out the seats and washers.

There is no issue with the stems seats, they were replaced in 2014. Still working fine, but the handles came off, screws and button missing. So what I need are the screws and buttons. So far it seems no one has that unless you buy all new handles, which is what I might end up doing.

Edited 1 times.

Author: hj (AZ)

Call 1-800-PFAUCET and tell them the buttons broke and ask them to send new ones for your Verve faucet along with the handle screws that you had to drill out, although you can replace the screws if they give you the dimensions.

Edited 1 times.

Author: marlinman (FL)

The index buttons are 941-320 Cold,941-330 Hot,941-340 Diverter. Screws are 10-24 x 1/2" oval head

marlinman thanks I used three 10-24" for now, didn't have 1/2" long ones with me but only 1" but it went in all the way. The ones I have I am not sure what materials they are since they are in my assorted screws and bolts box. I will get some stainless ones next week when I go back to that property, hopefully with the right buttons/caps.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.