Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Gas line drip leg?
Author: exapprentice30 (MA)

I had new gas line s installed on my street and a new service and 2 meters outside. The old main was a 2lb system with a 1" service with regulator and meter s in basement. I had new gas lines installed 15 years ago and the plumber put a drip leg after the meter and said it was code to install a drip leg after it came in the building. The gas co re piped in the basement and didn t install drip legs and one of the lines has 4 90 s like a trap with a union in the middle. I asked them about the drip leg and they said it not needed and its a high pressure line. Is this true?

Edited 2 times.

Re: Gas line drip leg?
Author: packy (MA)

the gas company does whatever they want.
no matter what our code says.
they are the supplier and their work around the meter is not subject to any code but their own.
I don't understand what they did or why they did it ??

Author: hj (AZ)

Drip legs, if required, are usually installed at the appliance. I have never seen them at the meter.

Author: LI Guy (IN)

There was a post a while back that NYC code does NOT allow drip legs because people were connecting stuff to them....

- - - - - - -

Not a plumber by trade but a fierce DIYer

Author: packy (MA)

if it is sized properly, you can use a drip leg as long as you provide another.
drip legs aren't so important since the now-a-days gas is pretty dry. no moisture to speak of.

Author: NoHub (MA)

I'm about 99.999% sure you don't need Drip legs anymore in Mass.Needed them 50/60 years ago when they would mix all types of gas together.Been in the trade for 36 years and never seen a thing in one.

Author: exapprentice30 (MA)

thinking

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.