Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 SDR-26 PVC pipe for vent?
Author: sum (FL)

I had intended to get a 1-1/2" PVC sch40 pipe to use for a vent (above the sanitary tee) but apparently someone had mixed some SDR-26 pipes on the rack in the big box store.

I didn't notice when I picked it up and until I got home and cut it to the needed length did I notice it was much thinner than expected.

Now I am faced with the decision of using this SDR-26 to finish what I was doing or go to the store to buy a new sch40 piece.

Can I use SDR-26 for the section above the sanitary tee?

Edited 1 times.

Re: SDR-26 PVC pipe for vent?
Author: hj (AZ)

NO!, and the o.d. is smaller than sch. 40 pipe, also, so you would need a adapter bushing.

It feels snug on the fittings, but I am going to get a sch40 pipe tomorrow to finish this project!

Author: steve (CA)

Sum, the od of SDR26 is the same as sch40, 1.9" for 1½".

Steve, thanks I looked it up and yes they do have the same OD so I could have used it but I am so OCD I got a sch40 instead.

I also realized at my local big box store where they have different shelves for different pipes, they are mixing SDR-26 and SCH40 same size pipes on the same shelf. I don't know why they did that I guess a real pros know from the weight and I should have been able to as well just wasn't paying attention.

Finally done with the kitchen & laundry drain project and with SCH40 pipes. I took a week off for back pain but I updated the original thread here.

[www.plbg.com]

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.