Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Insinkerator water dispenser leaky valves
Author: allthumbs (CA)

I was so glad to find the threads here after trying to get any help from Insinkerator and being informed that unit was NOT serviceable and I needed to buy new unit. lots of good advice here. I bought the thin wall 14mm spark plug socket on Amazon, remove top "ring nuts' with 19mm open end wrench to remove handles and notched cones that hold handles, using socket and extension I was able to loosen both valve assemblies but one of them didn't want to come out so I had to grasp with needle nose pliers to remove. Once out, a plastic or wood chopstick can be used to push out white plastic valve rod from brass valve assembly. I left the springs in and soaked entire all parts in white vinegar for a few hours ( Use of WD40 or any other solvent is unnecessary and unsafe as it will be getting into your drinking/hot water!)rinsed everything w water , checked O-rings ( mine were fine) reassemble with a little vaseline on O-rings, the white plastic valve rods did not seat all the way, so I used socket to reinstall valve bodies then carefully pushed plastic rods back down flush with top of brass valve body using blunt nose pliers to push them down- cold water side valve rod has divot on top!
reinstall cones, handles and top ring nuts, my cold waterside ring nut had a thin washer under it, but hot water side no washer .
everything works great- no leaks and no need to buy new dispenser!

Edited 1 times.

Re: Insinkerator water dispenser leaky valves thumbs
Author: packy (MA)

always good to hear about someone's success. good job !!

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.