Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 How to remove this faucet?
Author: nycava (NY)

Hi, I have replaced a few kitchen faucets before. When I went in to look at replacing this one I am stumped at how to take out this old faucet. If I unscrew the nuts holding the faucet to the sink, I don't see how the nuts would come all the way off. There is I guess some diverter in the middle that goes up to the faucet.
I tried to see if I can pry off the knobs on the handle or if there is some sort of set screw on the handles but didn't see any. There is no manufacturer name on the faucet. I've included some pictures if anyone knows anything about this faucet. I appreciate any help.
Thanks
Elliot

[postimg.cc]

Re: How to remove this faucet?
Author: hj (AZ)

Unfasten the hoses, then that "T" thing unscrews from the faucet and then you remove the nut holding it to the sink.

Thanks for that advice. It makes sense and I will try it. So for the hot & cold handles, (picture IMG-4232 on the left) would I do the same, remove the hoses and then the connection at the bottom of the hot handle would unscrew and them unscrew the big nut holding it to the sink?
Thanks!

Author: sum (FL)

Yes undo the hoses and unscrew those upside down T thingies.

When you try to unscrew the T if the nut above it is not right tight the whole thing will spin around making it impossible to unscrew it unless you have a third hand holding the top end steady.

Author: steve (CA)

To remove the valves, remove the handles and unscrew the escutcheon. There might be a nut under the escutcheon or the escutcheon is the top nut. The valves are installed/removed from under the sink. The spout might also need the bottom trim/escutcheon unscrewed or as stated, the tee under the sink unscrews and the spout is remove topside.

I can remove the escutchon I believe it is like you mention a nut that is turned. I can't figure out how to remove the handle , I don't see any sort of set screw or allen screw .
Anyone know who made this faucet?
thanks again

Author: sum (FL)

Try to slide a putty knife under the cap on top of the handle to pop it off, May be a screw under that.

Author: Curly (CA)

If top cap does not pop off like Sum suggested, try unscrewing it while holding the large handle part.

Do not know the brand.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.