Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Help in Removing this Faucet and Help Identifying Make and Model
Author: 120volts (CA)

Hello, I ran across this faucet that a customer wants to replace with an identical one...it's chrome+brass as shown and I couldn't find it by googling the combo colors.

Anyone know the make and model?

There are two retaining nuts on the top and bottom that are frozen it seems and they seem to have two notches on opposite sides. Is there a special tool for this that is required or will an adjustable plumber's expansion wrench do it? I think I might have a hard time holding the bottom one as I loosen the top.

[i.postimg.cc]

[i.postimg.cc]

[i.postimg.cc]

[i.postimg.cc]

[i.postimg.cc]

Re: Help in Removing this Faucet and Help Identifying Make and Model
Author: packy (MA)

if I was removing that faucet, I would very carefully slice the top fastening nut with my oscillating tool and split it open with a sharp chisel.
unscrewing it seems to need 2 people.
as for the make , sorry I can't help.

Author: steve (CA)

Looks like a Price Pfister Georgetown, which has been discontinued.

Ah, thanks @Steve! I guess I'll find another similar model somewhere. Still not sure how I'll be able to remove the old faucets. Not sure if my basin wrench can grab the thin two retaining washers.

Author: hj (AZ)

You remove the top nuts to remove the faucet. Why are you replacing the faucet? If it is "worn out" Pfister will probably replace it with a different model.

Thanks thumbs

Thanks,@hj. They are leaking from and the undersides and getting corroded They're old. I'll contact Price Pfister for sure. If not, I'll be replacing them anyway. Thanks for the insight!

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.