Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Triangle Tube Challenger CC 125 - E4 and E8 Codes
Author: Lisnoop (NY)

Hello,
recently purchased my home in 2017 and inherited the Triangle Tube Challenger CC 125 unit. Worked fine - never had any issues till say November/December 2018. First code was a E1 and i replaced the TACO Flow. Worked fine for a few weeks. Then I got an E8 code......replaced the fan as it was not spinning properly and that worked for about a few weeks as well.

Now i'm getting a E4 code and noticed that the unit will work for about 8-24 hours and then code will flash again. reset the machine.....and i can get another 12-24 or 36 hours out of it before having to reset it. I replaced the ignitor and really not sure what else needs to be replaced. I do have the CCRKIT28 ignition assembly transformer however it does not look like it plugs into my unit like the directions say.

Any idea why my machine goes in and out every 12-36 hours? I also noticed that it happens more at night.....where it works at 10pm and by the time we wake up at 5am it's flashing the E4 code and sometimes the E8 code.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.