Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Poly gas pipe termination
Author: jonniebaby (OK)

Inspector said he wants a termination plate on some yellow poly gas pipe coming up thru the concrete (sleeved). Like on a Csst. But it’s not Csst, it’s 3/4” poly. Never heard of such a thing. Right now, I just have the compression fitting on it and capped off. Any idea what he’s talking about? I can find nothing and he’s not being very nice.

Re: Poly gas pipe termination
Author: packy (MA)

sorry if my idea is silly but that's all i can think of..

if you took a brass flange like this...

then take a compression adapter for 3/4 poly, remove the nut, invert the nut and braze it to the flange, that would work.
you would have a flange that looked like this except the hex nut you see here would be the compression nut.
then cut the poly, slide the home made termination plate over the poly, tighten the remaining parts of the compression adapter and secure the flange to the cement.

after all, a CSST termination flange is only a flange with an inverted CSST connector..

Author: Paul48 (CT)

He wants it secured, because he has no idea what you are connecting it to. If you were to connect it to a stove, they get moved, and he doesn't want it tugging on the poly. Perhaps the tubing manufacturer can be of assistance.

Author: hj (AZ)

And, since it would not be AGA approved, it would also probably fail inspection.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

As per: [www.gastite.com] and [www.gastite.com]

Underground - Risers
Application
Risers are used to transition from below ground polyethylene pipe to above ground metallic pipe. These risers are used for both natural gas and propane gas distribution.

MDPE for gas is approved for UNGERGROUND

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

hj, that is a valid point.
perhaps then the best thing the owner can do is hire a licensed plumber/gasfitter, have them pull a permit and deal with the inspector.

just going to post this..
[www.homedepot.com]

packy,

your post crossed with mine

'yellow' MDPE is only approved for underground - the transition to metallic should have been underground

there are 'fitting' pieces specifically designed for said transition

else

BOOM, as we are now beginning to observe

grinning smiley

crossed again

but

i referenced said item by gastight in my post above

tongue sticking out smiley

That is probably what the inspector wants anyway.

YIKES !!!!!! barely a week into 2019 and hj, bernabeu and packy agree on something..

NOW, if i could only get hj to use silicone caulk instead of draconian plumbers putty..

i would think this time of year the putty will freeze in the back of the truck..

i agree with hj re: plumber's putty (you know, the stinky stuff with linseed oil)

tongue sticking out smiley

There is a new riser, made by Chicago Fitting if I remember correctly, that the poly slides through it and ALL connections are made above ground.

In Arizona?

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.