Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Greenlee 1-1/4" stainless steel kitchen sink punch size and model
Author: schwansa67 (WI)

Hello all. Again, thanks again in advance for any thoughts. Well I purchased a greenlee 1-1/4 punch kit from eBxx for knock out a hole for reverse osmosis tap. I looked at the punch cup when I received and it did say 1-1/4 on side of cup but to my surprise the damn hole was about 1-3/4. I talked with an electrician and he said its non numerical per cup size as its for their conduit sizing. I barely made do with literally a fraction around to hold. What ACTUAL SIZE AND GREENLEE NUMBER DO I NEED FOR 1-1/4. Yes I know that kitchen sinks generally come with 1-3/8 pre tapped holes. But would prefer an 1-1/4 and know they are out there but struggling to get the correct model number. Only going to use for 18 gauge stainless sinks at max thickness. Just want the punch die, cup, and ball bearing bolt which I cant remember the damn name they call it. Well, thanks again for anything!

Re: Greenlee 1-1/4" stainless steel kitchen sink punch size and model
Author: hj (AZ)

They are "pipe size" so a 1 3/8+" hole would be 1" pipe. 3/4" would be slightly over 1 1/8".

Edited 1 times.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

sorry for your 'oopsie', but, they are (or once were) CLEARLY marked:

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: hj (AZ)

If you do not work with them, it is easy to assume the size is the o.d., not a nominal pipe size.

Author: packy (MA)

i use a lennox step bit. just did one yesterday.
18V ryobi drill, 1/8 inch pilot bit and the step bit and it was done in about 1 minute.
it is also great for drilling thru acrylic or fiberglass tub surface to mount tub fill faucet..

clap
Author: schwansa67 (WI)

Thanks again all, for the advice as always appreciated! I like the idea of the larger step bit just keep on increasing until desired preference. Sometimes it's a soap dispenser install, r/o install, faucet install, sprayer install and need only a bit over an inch. I had an old punch I used that just had enough but was not cutting (didn't have the model), and then purchased a greenlee. The size of bolt on the greenlee is half the size of needed hole,and yes I used a small drill bit to start hole and used smaller step bit to get to the bolt hole size. Yes, makes sense to get larger quality one and keep on increasing. Just didn't know how long the larger step bit would last or if it would overheat the sink and discolor. But thank you again.

Gonna get a larger step and call it....

Sounds great!

Happy Holidays to all!

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.