Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Roll-out utility sink
Author: volcano_son (MA)

Hello -
I have an existing, standard hard plastic utility sink, about 20x22x15" in my laundry room. I am building a structure above it that clears the top by about 12" and sticks out about 15" of the 22" total. I can use it, but it is awkward and inconvenient. I want to have a sink installed that can be rolled out from under the structure when I need it, and rolled back under when I don't. I have googled and found no such product or mention of such an installation. Is this even possible to do?
Thank you,
~Dan

Re: Roll-out utility sink
Author: bernabeu (SC)

? possible ? yes

? practical ? no

? affordable ? NO

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Author: steve_g (CA)

Bern, your reply got me curious. I can see using super long flexes for the water, but what about the drain? A telescopic trap arm? A large floor sink underneath? A molecular destabilizer from the USS Enterprise?

Edited 2 times.

Author: packy (MA)

yeah, the hot and cold can be long washing machine braided hoses, that's no problem.
i can see the sink tailpiece set like an indirect waste into a trough shower drain on the trap.
the trough drain would accept the water from the sink and allow the sink to be rolled back and forth but would stop it from coming out too far.
anyway, i'm thinking something like this.. toss the cover and use just the body itself..
have to find one (or make one) that was deeper. but it is do-able.

Author: hj (AZ)

I did a barber shop once where the sinks were mounted on whiskey barrels and could roll to the chair. I used 1 1/2" clear flexible plastic hoses for the drains. IT would have to be installed with a horizontal "U" bend in order to flex back and forth.

Edited 1 times.

cabinet/support/shelf on rollers

long 'braided' supplies

integral (to cabinet/support/shelf) 'holding tank' with grey water pump

long discharge tube

voila: abortion on wheels ~ make it look nice = $$$$$

[www.bing.com]

@ steve_g

[images-cdn.perfectworld.com]

Edited 1 times.

Author: volcano_son (MA)

Hello Packy and hj, thanks, these are great ideas to get me started! I'm not so sure about the Enterprise molecular thingy.... smiling smiley
~Dan

Edited 2 times.

Author: steve_g (CA)

The Enterprise thing will only work on constellation class vessels with 4 nacelles.

... or Birds of Prey grinning smiley

Author: hj (AZ)

Maybe vaporizing it with a laser.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.