Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Help looking for a valve for DIY/Modification
Author: Goopy (CA)

Hi, here I have a very old kitchen sink, want to add a side sprayer,
realized that the faucet assembly doesn't have a side sprayer outlet
(but the sink itself has a hole on the side, currently with a soap bottle, but never used that).
Attached picture shows how it looks under the sink:

So I think I could add an inline diverter (like a 3way, but an automatic one, not with a manual flip),
couldn't find one,
came across this old post which apparently looking for the same thing:
[www.plbg.com]

In the last reply (currently), I replied with a similar device found online with 2 pictures showing what's am talking about,
but I just wanna look further and see if such automatic inline diverter is already commercially available..
If that 3way fitting indeed has diverter built-in, then it's a thing available, just don't know where to buy it separately..or if only made for in-house use by that faucet manufacturer?

Anyone know such stand-alone/self-contained inline diverter exists?

Thanks

Edited 1 times.

Re: Help looking for a valve for DIY/Modification
Author: hj (AZ)

IF such a thing exists, it would be from the manufacturer and used on other models of faucets, but I doubt that YOUR faucet is adaptable.

Thanks for the quick response,
that's what am dangling at this point whether to change the whole thing or not.. don't really want to touch the rusted parts frowning

these are the 2 pictures I posted on the other thread

that valve seems to be the solution, shouldn't be too hard to find adapters to fit the threads, perhaps some soldering to add a new fitting for the main handle's outlet.
would be nice if I could find something like that valve with three proper threaded connectors.
Strange that no such inline diverter exist in the market frowning
nobody needs it?

Author: packy (MA)

a faucet with a side sprayer has a built-in diverter. this is a device that when you actuate the sprayer it stops the flow to the spout.
without one you will get water flowing from the spout when ever you use the sprayer.

Yes, but unfortunately the old faucet assembly just doesn't have a diverter builtin..
So I am thinking if I could add an "inline" diverter to add to the outlet pipe, just like the one shown in picture (but that one is soldered to the outlet pipe).

I suspect that one is a diverter since no manufacturer would design a faucet that output simultaneously on the main faucet and side sprayer.

With that new assembly, if we cut that special valve, and hook up the faucet straight to the outlet pipe, it will work like my old faucet (as you can see in my 1st picture in the 1st post).
But the manufacturer has welded a special valve to the outlet pipe, then the valve has two outlet ports, the bigger one goes to faucet, the smaller one goes to sprayer I assume.

So back to the original question, anyone seen or know where to get a diverter valve like that? Prefferably with three threaded ports rather than two threaded + one soldered.

Thanks a lot

Also with the faucet kit shown in the 2nd post,
I don't think that sepecific faucet has a diverter valve built-in to the handle assembly,
(if so, that 3way thing on the output valve doesn't make sense)

*or it could have a built-in diverter in the handle assembly, and that special thing just a pass-through 3-way,
then both main faucet and spray will be pressurized when someone lift the handle..
water comes out from the main faucet,
sprayer locked since it has its own trigger,
then sprayer triggered, main faucet still has water....(not very likely, so the diverter valve must be in that 3way thing I think)

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.