Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 No cold water coming out of shower/tub valve
Author: Giveroflight (TX)

Hi everyone,this is my first post please bear with me. I have a builder installed Pioneer/Olympia single handle tub faucet that had no water flow from either hot or cold side. The house was built in 2006. The unit has a separate balance spool and when took the escutcheon off the valve appears to be installed upsidedown as the balance spool is on the left side. I took out the cartridge and cleaned the seats and springs,turned main water back on with the cartridge out and had only a trickle coming from the hot side. Cold side is bone dry. Then I took out the balance spool and the grooves in the valve that houses spool did have sediments. Cleaned all that out and turned main back on without the spool and flushed it out. There was good hot water flow through the valve, but still no cold water. I am about to use some wire and blow air through the cold water valve. There is are check valves and I turned the cold water one all the counter clockwise. If blowing and the sire still doesn't provide any cold water flow what is my next step to diagnose the issue? I also put the balance spool back and hot water only had a trickle again. Is that normal because there is no cold water? There is a tub only faucet upstairs in the similar spot that has the same no water issue. Most likely has no cold water. Two other showers all have running water. Thanks in advanced for the help.

Re: No cold water coming out of shower/tub valve
Author: steve_g (CA)

Forgive me if I'm being overly cautious, but I hope you aren't confusing check valves with integral stops. Integral stops are valves, provided so you can turn the water off to the mixer w/o shutting down the house.

Re: No cold water coming out of shower/tub valve
Author: Giveroflight (TX)

Yes, what I meant was an integral stop. Thanks for clarifying.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.