Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 1 1/2 Wall Tube Length Questions?
Author: Newaygo1 (MI)

I having an issue with Finding a New Brass 1 1/2 Wall Tube that is the right Length. The Only Ones I can Find is only 7 1/4 in Length 24 Gauge and I need one that is 8 1/2 inches Long and hoping to find a higher Gauge one like 17 but the only 1 I can find is 24 Gauge and 15 Inches in Length. So do they make one that is 17 Gauge. The Old one is corrided and can see it might not seal... Also when you find a Wall Tube it does not have a Flange with a lip that sticks up just a Flange edge I guess you would call It where as the old one has the flange with a lip that sticks Up.And think it would have a better seal. Is this a hard piece to Find Because most have Gone to the "Plastic" Material?

Where Might I find this Wall Tube that is 1 1/2 x 8.5 in 17 Gauge with the Flange that has a lip that also sticks Up or is that a part of the Past???? Any Suggestions my Kitchen Sink has been down for 2 Weeks now, getting Old using the Utility Tub to Wash the Dishes...

Thanks for Any help & info I can get...
Newaygo1

Re: 1 1/2 Wall Tube Length Questions?
Author: steve (CA)

[www.crestgood.com]

Author: packy (MA)

steve, i thought he said he wanted a flanged end ???
if so this is it..
[www.homedepot.com]

He states he wants the "flange with a lip", which to me is this.

yes the last Post is what I am Looking for but HD only shows a 7 1/2 Wall Tube... & I need for 8.5 with that Type Flange w/ lip. And HD only has very limited brass parts these days I had to Order the 16 inch Sink Tee online because no local stores carries it either... Their offerings are very limited today and I even tried a Plumbing Supply House that shows something like it but they could not say if it had the Lip and they had to also Special Order it and would take a week to get and not know if it was the one but it was 9 inches in length but they did not have it at any of their locations here in Michigan either... Guess I just try the one without the Lip and HOPE I have no Leaks!
Thanks Guess my 1940 Home is Just too old for any places to have the parts and I hate cobbling something to make it work! Guess that is Just how It is these days when 18 years ago HD had all these Parts at my local HD and I have also tried Lowes and Menards and none have it either...

Thanks, Guess I am Just Stuck with a 24 gauge without the lip on the flange...
Newaygo1

Search "402B-17-1".

Thank you all clap

Thanks but nothing related came up, many others like pensions and investment and a R402B ice machine. Copy and pAsted in google search...
I will just go with what I have and Hope for the best. Thanks Again for your info...to All here...

Newaygo1

Edited 1 times.

When I search it with Google, 8 of the first 9 listings are for the wall arm.

Author: hj (AZ)

That is what he said, but I don't know what he meant, or if that is what he is looking for. A "wall tube" is usually the bent tube for the outlet of the trap to the wall, NOT a straight piece of tubing. He probably needs a new trap and an extension tube cut to the proper length.

Author: hj (AZ)

You NEED the "lip" to secure the slip washer in place.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

[www.bing.com]

[www.oatey.com]')

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Thanks that is what I am looking for but I serached for it and though Oatley sells them in a Quantity of 10 I cannot find it any where else online and Just need the Wall Tub Have the Sink Tee and the P Trap just need this piece.

Again Thank You but it should be Simple to Found and Purchase these parts and yet You Must have to Know a Great Supply House to get them and so far even the 1 I visited Ferguson's does not carry that Specific part.or any close to it.
So for now I will have to go with one that does not have the Lip and hope it works...
Without a Kitchen Sink for 3 weeks now and need to get it Working Soon... Not a Plumber and don't know any to get some assistance. and doubt I could afford one for such a simple fix...

No need for any further posts I will just wing it for Now...

Regards
Newaygo1

Author: bernabeu (SC)

as it is under the sink in a cabinet:

go plastic and simply repipe

plastic trap assemblies are available with 24" 'wall tubes'

frowning

'modern' times

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Thanks But I again hate Mixing what is there now and being the house is 78 years old and has old Galvized in the Walls I will Stick what has been there for many years... And I already have $ invest in brass Now...
Newaygo1

Author: Paul48 (CT)

Go to a plumbing supply house. Ferguson's is like a hardware store.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.