Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Kitchen Water Faucet Low Pressure Fixed But...
Author: 120volts (CA)

I had low water pressure from both the hot and cold sides of a Delta kitchen faucet with a sprayer that's only a year old. I removed sprayer handle and found a lot of broken up black pieces (looking like course black sand but plastic). I cleared it and got great pressure again.

I also replaced the faucet valve cartridge as I had the manufacture send me one under warranty. I inspected the old cartridge for failed gaskets but found none. The black o-ring was intact, and the the three orangish-red gaskets on the bottom of the old cartridge were intact as well.

Where did the debris come from?

I have a solid brass dual shutoff valve so maybe from there? Not sure if they have black, internal seals on them. Debris from where previous plumber didn't flush the sprayer by first removing the sprayer as not to contaminate the sprayer? Debris from another part of the house making it's way here? I'm so curious!

Edited 1 times.

Re: Kitchen Water Faucet Low Pressure Fixed But...
Author: srloren (CA)

The source of debris can be from your water utility working on the system in your street, or rubber gasket seals on valve stems breaking down from wear, or your water heater sediment, or possibly sediment from a well. These would be most common. Possibilities are also from foreign manufacturers parts that may break down. Hope that helps. I normally clean my screens on my faucets every 3 months or so. Your water conditions may vary.

Re: Kitchen Water Faucet Low Pressure Fixed But... clap
Author: 120volts (CA)

Thanks.

I've seen water heater sentiment and other earthly things in aerators and screens, but these really were a small collection of very small plastic "balls", course sand-size, almost like tire tread material. So it might have been from packing at the dual valves as you suggested. No other faucets in the house were affected. Anyway, I've got full pressure and I'll continue to pray to the Plumbing Gods for continued pressure. smiling smiley

Edited 2 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.