Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Dishwasher install
Author: NP16 (OR)

I've got links to a few project photos below for a potential small job.

questions:

1. Do you think the 1/2" red PEX line will be in the way when the dishwasher is pushed into place? I'm thinking of crimping on a 1/2" male adapter and then using whatever braided supply line that will work to make the water connection to the dishwasher. The valve for this line is in the basement below. Another option is to remove this PEX line and run 3/8" braided line through about 8 ft through cabinets to new dual valve for kitchen sink faucet.

2. There is an existing 1 1/2 drain for the old kitchen sink. The GC moved the kitchen sink location so the old drain is still available. What fittings would I use to transition from the existing 1 1/2 ABS trap adapter to make a p trap, tailpiece etc. for the dishwasher drain hose. Never built one like that. I'm guessing it has to be built in PVC? looking for images on google now.

thanks in advance for any helpful input.

[i.postimg.cc]
[i.postimg.cc]
[goo.gl]

Edited 4 times.

Re: Dishwasher install
Author: packy (MA)

there is a cut out area in the back legs of the dishwasher down low. you may have to move the red pex back slightly but it should fit fine.
locating a shut off will depend on how much room you have under the machine..
i might plan on drilling a couple of 3/4 holes in the base cabinet to the right.
extend the red pex into that base cabinet, put a 1/2 inch crimp x 3/8 compression stop and run a 3/8 x 48 DW supply back to the DW supply connection.
for the drain..
just put a tubular p-trap into that trap adapter with a 18 inch slip extension in the inlet and treat the DW drain like a washing machine drain.

Re: Dishwasher install
Author: NP16 (OR)

as per Packy's recommendation: [i.postimg.cc]

now waiting for Bernbeau's approval that it will pass inspection winking smiley.

Edited 4 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.