Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 bathroom sink - dolphin? stem valve
Author: tomden (NY)

I have a bathroom sink that has started to drip after 17 years of good service. I think I remember it being a Dolphin brand, but I am not sure. I have tried to look and cant find any info on the valve( how to fix/replace it) and was hoping some one could confirm what it is or if/how it can be fixed.
I have posted some pics for reference.

I tried to turn the nut counter clockwise and it didn't turn(see nut in pics). I thought before I broke it, I should check to see if I was trying to get at the inside correctly. Should I try applying more force?

Thanks
Tom

[s1383.photobucket.com]

I hope the link above works

Edited 2 times.

Re: bathroom sink - dolphin? stem valve
Author: hj (AZ)

You are turning it the right direction, however, there is nothing to secure the valve body from turning, so you have to reach under the sink and "hold back" on the valve body while you rotate the "nut".

Author: marlinman (FL)

A Dolphin cartridge would fit but the cartridge in the photo is Newport Brass. Like HJ said, have one person hold the valve body from beneath and another person screw the cartridge out.

I can't seem to turn the nut. It is crushed at this point, it does appear to be a Newport Brass 1-601.(cold stem) any ideas t0 get it off or just buy a complete stem?

Thanks
Tom

thanks clap

I finally got it off.

thanks
tom

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.