Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Case Kidney Toilet ballcock repair
Author: Redwood2020 (CT)

After babysitting my beautiful case toilet for 22 years and purchasing two inside assemblies to replace the copper and brass ballcocks I got tired of the constant troubles and big expenditures. My toilet would overfill, the fill valve would leak from the top, the bowl washer would interfere with the flush . It was driving me crazy . I decided to try the Danco Toilet Repair Kit 80816 before replacing the whole thing. I can't believe it worked. The thing is plastic, but not too tall and it fit into the existing openings perfectly. I am a woman, not a plumber, and it took me only about 30 minutes to take out the old metal one, kiss it goodbye, and put it the plastic wonder filler. Why has this never been mentioned before? I want to share my miracle discovery and keep these beautiful old toilets in their homes.The whole thing only cost about $15.

Re: Case Kidney Toilet ballcock repair
Author: NP16 (OR)

That's awesome. good work.

the apprenticeship would love to have more women in the trade.

Author: srloren (CA)

The only thing about a 20 year old Case is that they were water hogs and with some of the flat plumbed (not 1/4" per foot) systems can create stoppages. BUT, they were appealing back then.

Author: vic (CA)

"..... with some of the flat plumbed (not 1/4" per foot) systems can create stoppages"

I agree about the 5 gallons per flush Case toilets being major water hogs especially in comparison to today's 1.6gpf toilets and here in California where crazy low 1.28 gpf are code. I can't even legally purchase a 1.6 gpf toilet here in California (I just tried) and that's less than 1/3rd the water use of the old Case toilets.

I don't agree however that the old toilets can "create stoppages" if the drain/sewer lines are less than 1/4" per foot as for me, if speaking strictly about how many gallons of water the toilet uses along with my #2's ... down a poorly sloped line ... I'd want as much water going along my waste as possible. My opinion is not based on any studies that I've seen, JMHO.

Do the old Case toilets flush better than a Toto 1.28 gpf? Not in my book, but once that 1.28 gallons gets going onto a nearly flat plumbed drain line spot I think I'd rather have 5 gallons pushing and diluting my #2's.

Like I said I have not seen any studies, just my gut belief.

Anyone else have an opinion or better yet some experience with that?

Author: rickanddoobie (MI)

I was looking at the Danco ball cock but I did not see a line or attachment that goes horizontally into the front of the tank. How does this thing work without that?

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.