Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Advice and Guidance Respectfully Requested
Author: kraigmorris (PA)

Hi,
My name is Kraig Morris. I am a seasonal semi-skilled laborer with the Maintenance Staff of a Pa. State Park.
I have developed a real interest in plumbing and wasterwater/freshwater related areas.

The wastewater/freshwater is we have someone who takes care of that but he also takes care of several other parks (by himself). I do things to help out (clean out the lift stations, monitor the chlorine room, miscellaneous stuff).
I would like to know more and would really appreciate if anyone had advice for me to learn more.

The plumbing part (I have a very basic understanding and limited experience). I often am alone and come across some plumbing issues and problems. We have different brands and types of plumbing fixtures as it seems that suppliers and contracts change for who supplies us. I would really appreciate any and all advice on how I can learn more.

Thank You for all your help and guidance and allowing me to be a part of this forum.

Kraig Morris

Re: Advice and Guidance Respectfully Requested
Author: Paul48 (CT)

Hi Kraig
I can give you the perspective of a DIYer with many years of mechanical experience. That thing, at your fingertips is a very powerful "tool". I would begin compiling a library of manuals and related literature for any and all fixtures or mechanical systems you deal with. You have to hone your "search" skills, but you'll find that these things are available on-line. Read the literature....You may find, for instance, that a pump that you have problems with should not have been used for your application. Or, it was not properly installed. There are 1000's of videos available on-line showing you how to repair faucets, toilets , valves and drains. The plumbers here can give you their expert advice, for any particular job. They have the advantage of knowing what works and what doesn't. I/We may be able to help you find the on-line information, if you are having trouble with something. Some times you have to go round-about, and through the back door, but you can get it. Best Wishes smiling smiley

Re: Advice and Guidance Respectfully Requested thumbs
Author: kraigmorris (PA)

Thank You

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.