Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Delta single handle kitchen
Author: AdamM (AR)

My kitchen faucet is leaking around the handle. I’ve tried replacing the springs, seats, and cam. Still leaking. My handle had an adjusting ring plus the cam. The new kit says the adjusting ring is no longer needed with the new cam. Any help on how to fix this? I’ve tried turning on the water while the handle was disassembled to see if I can tell where the water comes from. It appears to be coming out between the ball and the cam. It actually leaked worse with the new repair kit, so I put the old parts back on until I can figure it out.

Re: Delta single handle kitchen
Author: packy (MA)

is the chrome cap engaging all the way down? you should apply some silicone grease to the ball, relax the adjusting ring and tighten the chrome cap firmly by hand. then tighten the adjusting ring until the handle offers a comfortable amount of resistance.

Yes, cap is screwed all the way down and tightened ring afterwards. But with the new repair kit, it wouldn’t even use the adjusting ring.
Could the ball need replaced?

call delta directly... they will send you free parts..
to answer your question.. i don't believe the ball is at fault. or let me say that i have never seen a ball cause this problem. i could be wrong ????

What else could be the problem since replacing the seats and cam didn’t work?

Author: hj (AZ)

I always replace the ball, but one problem kitchen faucets can have is if the little "indexing pin" comes loose. Then water leaks around it, but not sure if it would cause the symptoms you describe. If that is the problem, call Delta and have them replace the faucet, depending on its age.

The pin is still there and seems intact. Didn’t mention this earlier and don’t know if it matters. But the handle is separate from the spout, not attached. Also it seems to leak more when the water is only turned on slightly.

quote; But the handle is separate from the spout, not attached.

What does that mean? The handle is never "attached" to the spout.

The handle is free standing from the spout. There is a soap dispenser on the left, spout in the middle and handle on the right. Each goes into a separate whole in the sink.

looks like this...

makes no difference... the inside parts are the same..

Edited 1 times.

Yes, looks similar to that. So any other parts that could be replaced to stop the leaking from the handle?

No. I will say what most plumbers would say. A Delta faucet is one of the easiest to repair. If you replace the ball cam, seal, (Or the new one piece version of the two pieces), and seats, there almost no reason for it to leak. In fact you seldom even have to adjust the tightener.

Ok, so I’ve replaced everything(o rings, seat, springs, cam) except the ball. I still have the leak. Mainly leaks when faucet handle is in the off position. Seems the water is coming out between the counter/sink surface and the bottom of the handle base. But there’s nothing there to replace.

Author: bernabeu (SC)

Delta OEM parts ?

OR

'Aftermarket' brand 'X' ?

My PERSONAL experience says there IS a difference grinning smiley

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Delta parts

Author: bernabeu (SC)

Call Delta and explain your issue:

1-800-345-DELTA (3358)

Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST

Saturday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. EST

[www.deltafaucet.com]

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

One other thing on this faucet. The spray arm is just a pullout of the spout. Both are the same piece just a button that make it go from full stream to a spray pattern. But now even when I’m using the normal stream, water is dripping from the spray holes.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.