Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 ? On new Delta kitchen faucet with plastic supply lines
Author: cvcman (NY)

Just put in a new faucet with the plastic supply lines. This thing cost over 200.00 I thought the supply’s would be I don’t know braided or something ,
Question is when I put it down thru the hole in the stainless sink it put a gouge in one of the lines, it’s not leaking or anything but is this a problem ??

Re: ? On new Delta kitchen faucet with plastic supply lines
Author: packy (MA)

the plastic (i think it is pex) is pretty thick.
but if it bothers you, just cut it out and use a 3/8 compression union with plastic ferrules to put it back together.

Well actually the line is long enough to cut and they give you new tapered compression washers to use if you shorten it.. I guess what bothers me more is that what I paid for this it should have braided as lines like my old Moen.
Are these pet plastic lines something new ??? Are they a problem with leaks ?
And does Moen still use braided and are they better ??
If so I can return this one

Author: sum (FL)

braided lines have a plastic hose inside it too so as far as leaks it's not any better.

So.... isn’t the stuff pex more likely to leak or crack ??
And is the Moen considered a better made faucet ??

Author: packy (MA)

given the choice between plastic tubes or braided tubes, i would take the plastic..
the manufacturer will use the cheapest supplies they can buy.
so the liner inside the braided tubes is suspect..
the plastic tubes will last longer.. In my humble opinion..

Author: NP16 (OR)

Love the Delta integral PEX supply lines. I can cut right to length as needed or simply run a loop in the line before connecting to the stop.

BUT yes indeed got to be careful installing faucet with VERY SHARP stainless steel faucet hole. I have one installed where I did what you did. I decided the gouge wan't deep enough to replace the faucet. But I really wish it wasn't out there where I suppose the PEX could weaken and split open. Also, did not occur to me at the time to install a 3/8" compression coupling as suggested above.

Edited 2 times.

ahhh...well again mine is long enough where I could cut it and they give you new compression washers to do that but...its been on a week and NO leaks so its probably not as deep as I fear...also we don't have the greatest water pressure in the village here..its ok but not great...
If it was gonna leak where the nick is it should have done so by now right ?
Im kinda anal

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.