Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Water comes out of faucet and shower
Author: jenn1325 (AL)

I am replacing my bathtub faucet/shower head. I got a deal on a Kingston Brass GKB245 Water Saving Magellan 2-Handle Tub and Shower Faucet with Water Savings Showerhead,When I turn on the faucet it comes out of the shower as well. The faucet has some water saving feature and will only allow so much water through per second can this be the reason its coming out of the shower head? if so how do I fix it?

Re: Water comes out of faucet and shower
Author: srloren (CA)

I don't think so. Sounds like a restriction in the valve is causing water to go to the shower head. Is the tub drop 3/4". If not maybe it should be for your valve design. Do you have stops (Control valves) on this new shower valve?

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

were the ports marked ? should be a H for hot, C for cold, S for shower and T for tub..

Yes the tub drops and yes I have control valves

Yes the ports are marked but not the shower

I meant to say the water seems to be restricted at the spout not the faucet because of the water diverter. Does this make sense to why its comin out of the shower

Author: hj (AZ)

It appears that it is installed improperly, but we cannot tell you how without a photo of the installation.

Author: packy (MA)

too small of a pipe going to the tub connection will cause this..
i believe my friend from CA was alluding to this..

I do not think I have EVER seen a faucet with a 3/4" drop to the spout.

Author: srloren (CA)

You could be right hj... perhaps it was a 1/2" copper by 3/4' FIPE ADAPTOR elbow.

normally, the only time there would be a 3/4" spout would be when a twin ell was used, and I have not seen any faucets that come with that in a very long time.

Author: steve_g (CA)

The faucet has some water saving feature and will only allow so much water through per second

When you say 'faucet' I think you mean the tub spout? You could try removing/cleaning this restrictor.

I know what the problem is guys. I purchased a shower only system. From what I understand this system does not have a water restrictor that stops water from going to the shower. Is this correct?????
If so can add the restrictor to the manifold or do I have to buy a new system?

I know what the problem is guys. I purchased a shower only system. From what I understand this system does not have a water restrictor that stops water from going to the shower. Is this correct?????
If so can add the restrictor to the manifold or do I have to buy a new system?

You CAN'T do that. You either have to buy a "twin ell" and a 3/4" diverter spout, or a new faucet.

Author: Curly (CA)

According to Kingston website the KB245 is for a tub/shower set up and comes with a diverter tub spout. I did not see any mention of having to use a twin ell in installation instructions.

So if you installed the KB245 correctly it should work.

Did you install the entire KB245 ?

Where the union connections on valve body pointing down ?

What type and size of piping did you use for ALL the connections ?

Post pictures .....................

Author: steve (CA)

Twin ell -

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.