Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Expandable garden hoses NO GOOD
Author: sum (FL)

I recently purchased three expandable garden hoses for personal use.

You know the ones that comes in 25, 50, 75 100 feet lengths. The 25' ones measures 8' or so and when pressurized expands to 25' in length. Very light and easy to manage when you turn the hose bib off it uncoils and collapses back to 8'.

Seems like a good idea.

I put two outside hanging on a hose rack. Another one I left at a rental.

After about two months, all three of them leaked. There is a plastic hose inside these fabric lining and the hose breaks. They were used infrequently, may be a dozen times each. They were not abused in any way, no pulling, tucking, no wheel barrow ran over them or anything like that.

Most likely they can't stand the hot Florida sun, or may be they just break easily. It is very strange all of them broke around the same time, as if there is a timer telling them to.

I wouldn't buy them again. It's a good idea though to have a hose shrinks when not in use.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Expandable garden hoses NO GOOD
Author: vic (CA)

I've had the same experience. Bought one to use on my sailboat. Worked great ...... about 10 times and then leak city.

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

you mean i can't trust those ads i see on TV ??? (sarcasm)..

Author: hj (AZ)

It was on TV. They wouldn't lie to us.

Author: NP16 (OR)

I used two today that were on a home. Both worked good with no leaks. But I prefer a traditional garden hose for sure.

Edited 1 times.

Author: sum (FL)

trust TV ads? LOL.

Well, I was thinking about FLEX SEAL.

but I wouldn't get into that boat unless it's in knee deep water.

Author: srloren (CA)

My, what people will claim to sell a product. Trust is disappearing in todays society...sad. No wonder kids are confused.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.