Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Need Shower cartridge/valve - Danfoss Tempress I
Author: Eugene (Non-US)

Hi - I have been looking for a shower cartridge for a Danfoss Tempress I (not Tempress II) for awhile now. Actually, I just need the "T" shaped stem/valve that attaches to the shower handle. Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance,
Eugene

Edited 1 times.

Re: Need Shower cartridge/valve - Danfoss Tempress I
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Tempress Manufacturing Ltd is based in Mississagua, Canada. 866-853-8725
Tempress Made the mixing/tempering valve for Danfoss Mfg. 20 plus years ago the Tempress II valve was designed, engineered and manufactured to replace the Tempress (1) Valve which was discontinued and the dies destroyed. Candance @Tempress in Canada advised me that parts and components have NOT been available for more then 15 years and suggest strongly that you consider replacing the shower valve assembly. The use of any other part or component made by any other company is not recommended and you risks the chance of it malfuncting and someone getting injured.

I hope this makes your search complete and your decision easier.
Best Wishes

Thanks Wheelchair. In your answer, do you mean that the Tempress II cartridge will fit where the Tempress I cartridge inserts or that I replace everything from the copper pipes?
Eugene

Tempress I and Tempress II are NOT compatible. The parts are not interchangable. I hope that explains.

Best Wishes

Author: Paul48 (CT)

I searched through YAHOO....Danfoss Tempress 1....and found the replacement cartridge

Hi Paul - I have searched Yahoo for Tempress 1 or I and found a lot of sites but they all lead me to Tempress II. I have even called a few more out in British Columbia. Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Eugene

Search it exactly as I wrote it.....The company name started with an "H". They show a picture and price Canadian and US.

Hi Paul,
I have looked at about 45 web sites today and have called 8 companies in Canada and the US. I did the search with yahoo.ca and yahoo.com - could you just email me the name of the company.
Eugene

Hi Paul,
Here is the story of this cartridge/valve. A couple of months ago an older friend of mine broke the cartridge stem for his shower. He previously had a stroke and now has to hobble down about ten steps to his basement shower. I am looking for the part and have used google extensively and searched and contacted many companies by phone and email to get the part. If the company you are talking about is Hill Supplies, I ordered the Tempress I cartridge from them online about two months ago. They got back to me a couple of weeks later to say they do not have the part and credited my credit card accordingly. Any other assistance would be helpful.
Regards,
Eugene

I'm sorry to say, that was the site.I'll keep looking....

Author: bernabeu (SC)

try amre
call them up

==============================================

"Measure Twice & Cut Once" - Retired U.A. Local 1 & 638

Edited 1 times.

Bernabeau - thanks for the info about AmreSupply. Unfortunately, they do not stock the Danfoss Tempress I - just Tempress II.

just got off the phone from customer service
Address: 1230 Lakeshore Rd. East
Mississauga, ON
L5E 1E9

Toll Free: 1 866 853 8725
Fax: 905 274 0736

you are SOL .. the nice lady had me on hold for 25 minutes (after i told my white lie sob story re: custom italian tile . basement wall . old geezer . yada yada yada) while she searched

NO DICE - NO SPARES ANYWHERE - ALL DIES/PARTS DESTROYED

Edited 1 times.

Bernabeu,
Thanks. That would be worth a try - one thing though is that the Tempress I stem has two 'o' rings on the outside that go through the outer metal casing of the shower assembly and also the interior hot/cold in would have to be in exactly the same position. Also the handle assembly is not bolted on but has a "T" insert to the handle. Along your vein of thought, I am attempting to put a bolt out through the old stem and adapt it to the handle. Will let you know.
Eugene

I must have been luckier. I asked for Candance in Customer Service and did not have to hold. I'm surprise that she didn't mention our earlier conversation as she mentioned that requests for that item was nil. And 2 people asking in the same week, (smiling)
Best Wishes

original answer was quick and pro .... was on hold while she 'let me see what i do' searched

Hello John,

Unfortunately the TI valve has long since been discontinued and the parts have stopped being manufactured around 2005 and there is nothing left remaining around here anywhere. The TII is a completely different design and is not compatible with the TI. The only solution I can suggest is to replace the valve in the wall completely.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Have a great day.

Best Regards,

Ben Mitchell

Technical Service Representative

Grohe Canada

1230 Lakeshore Rd. E., Mississauga, Ontario L5E 1E9
Phone: +1 905 271 2929 ext. 7204311

Fax: +1 905 271 9494

Toll Free: +1 888 644 7643

Thanks for all of your help guys - as no replacement part could be found, I went to Habitat for Humanity and bought a second hand, unused, total shower replacement.
Regards,
Eugene

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.