Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 655,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Best online strictly PLUMBING help, advice, dyi, and informational forum. Questions and discussions about toilets, sinks, faucets, drainage, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, water quality, and other exclusively PLUMBING related issues. Please refrain from asking where to purchase a product, or business, pricing, or legal questions, or for contractor referrals, or any questions not related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. This site is free, ad free, pop-up free and made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Distance between pipes
Author: sum (FL)

When running underground conduits, is there any sort of minimum distance between them?

For example, I have a 1/2" PVC electrical conduit, a 1/2" soft hot copper supply line and a 1/2" soft cold supply line all running from one spot to another spot nine feet away, where the kitchen island will be located. They will all be sort of running together, alongside, so to speak. The copper pipes will all be sleeved over the entire length.

Re: Distance between pipes
Author: Pipe dawg (WI)

There is no min distance in the plumbing code but there might be in the electrical code. so check with a electrician

Author: jblanche (WI)

Why such a small electric conduit? Give yourself a bit of expansion space. Why not a 3/4 or larger? Also put in a pipe for low-voltage. I tend to overdo things but if I were doing an island on a slab, I'd probably put in a 3" or 4" pipe just for kicks.

Links to the State of Wisconsin Plumbing Code:
[docs.legis.wisconsin.gov]
I am not a plumber.

Author: sum (FL)

because the island is just an island. The stove, kitchen sink and everything else are located near the other walls. So the island is just going to be used mostly as a countertop, eat breakfast, read papers, etc...

I ran copper pipes there just to do a bar sink, not even sure I need hot water, but I am running hot and cold supplies there just in case. The 1/2" electrical is really just to put an outlet there, for the occasional blender usage, or may be plug in a laptop computer.

Author: phillyplbg (PA)

Dont know about electric, but you might want to check out elevation and distances between water and drainage in your town

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

you will find no electrical grey as a problem they say.Sleeved for protection is always wise.cross touching spread the soft copper away to reduce surprise.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2020 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.