Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 grohe faucet
Author: Mark W

I have a Grohe Europlus faucet in my kitchen. It leaks water from the bottom into the cabinet below the sink. I can't see exactly where the water is coming from - it's just coming out the bottom of the body of the faucet. I would like to try to fix this instead of replace it. I have the manual, and it describes how to replace the cartridge, but I don't know if that will fix the problem. Is it worth a try?

In general, is this type of thing worth trying to fix, or should I just buy a new faucet?

Re: grohe faucet
Author: dlh (TX)

i would try to fix it but you have to find exactly where it is leaking from before we can say if it is worth it or not

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Author: hj (AZ)

The cartridge would usually not leak from the bottom of the faucet. It could be a break in the hose near the handle end.

Author: packy (MA)

"The cartridge would usually not leak from the bottom of the faucet"
that's like saying the person who was run over by a steam roller and is flat as a pancake may not be dead.

Author: waukeshaplumbing (WI)

typically when they leak underneath its the hose ..is it a pull out spray head?

i had a Grohe kitchen faucet a few weeks ago that cost $200 just for the part...it was the same price to tear it out and put in a decent $200 Delta...next time the repair will be $10 in parts and not $200

everything depends on how old the faucet is and if its been discontinued...the Grohe i had was discontinued and parts were a problem (i think it was 8 years old)

Im not a big fan of anything other than Kohler,Moen,Delta ....parts will always be an issue w/ Grohe... ive also never really seen Grohe as being any higher in quality...Kohlers seem to be built better....Grohe shower mixer trim is all plastic.....I have a bit more respect for Hans Grohe, but they use too much plastic too

It does have a pull out head. I'm pretty sure it's not the pull out hose, but it could be one of the supply hoses. Unfortunately I've already removed the faucet, so I can't inspect the leak closely again until I reconnect it. I ordered a new cartridge and it should be here in a couple of days. I'll try that and let you know how it goes.

The cartridge mounts into the side of the faucet, so the leak would usually be on top of the sink, but I have had a lot of Grohes with split hoses that leaked into the cabinet.

quote; Unfortunately I've already removed the faucet,

You must be a glutton for punishment. You do NOT have to remove the faucet to replace the cartridge, (or for anything else except a faucet replacement, for that matter).

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

If it is not to late see if you can have a new quick disconnect arrive on the same date.

Thanks for the suggestion for the quick disconnect. I replaced that a couple of years ago, so I know what that leak looks like, and I'm sure that's not it.

Author: dlh (TX)

i am wondering if it isnt just water on the counter getting under the faucet

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

The vb rings behind the cart may leak.but as said.the top to the faucet seal would be the next best bet.I have seen a few of the supply side hoses leak.but these on the hot side seemed easy to see.

Well, my new cartridge arrived and I finally found some time to work on this faucet again. I figured out that the leak was not from the cartridge, but is in the sprayer hose, near the pullout handle. hj called it. The part of the hose with the leak is inside the body of the faucet (unless you pull the sprayer out), so I was confused about where the leak was coming from.

I found a replacement Grohe hose online, but I'm not convinced it will fit - the fittings on the ends don't look right. I think I'm done screwing around with this faucet. I'm going to buy a new one - a Kohler Forte model. And I'll buy it from a plumbing supplier, not a big box store, based on other posts I've read on this site.

Thanks all for your comments. This web site is really great.

1. Remove the sprayer head
2. Slide the nut back onto the hose.
3. Use a sharp knife and "pry" the brass insert out of the metal hose. It will take a bit of doing but it does come out. it will usually come out with the rubber hose stuck to it.
4. Slide the outer metal hose back. DO NOT let the rubber slip back inside the metal one.
5 Cut the hose below the split.
6. put the insert back into the rubber hose.
7. Slide the outer piece back to the end of the rubber hose. You can screw the sprayer onto it to presss it into position. Make sure the outer piece is in contact with the inner grommet.
8. Put the sprayer back on and turn on the water.
It usually takes longer to write the above than it does to make the repair.

Edited 1 times.

Dam, did not know. HJ does do really fix it!

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.