Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 needed fabricated legs for commercial stainless sink
Author: anode guy (IN)

I got an Army Surplus deal on a 3 compartment stainless sink, but the legs are missing. Seems they are just screw in stainless pipe. Is there anyone who would know the diameter, the thread type (or better yet a local source for 4 legs).

Thanks.

Re: needed fabricated legs for commercial stainless sink
Author: Nayman's Drain Services (Non-US)

a few pictures & sizes would sure help.
If not, check your local welder with SS experience

Author: packy (MA)

can you just drill and tap a couple of 1/4" holes for set screws. that's how newer sink legs attach.

Author: hj (AZ)

He needs the legs first. We would need a picture of how your legs attach. Most of them are 1 1/4" tubing which slips into sockets.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Some scullery sinks are custom made with welded stainless steel and custom measurements. But that is an exception to the rule. Companies like Eagle, Elkay and Just Mfg produce most of the scullery sinks for the food industry. Knowing the size of the 3-bay is critically important as some use frames with legs, while others use supported legs.

More information needed.
Best Wishes

pictures of the sink
[www.getnewlife.com]

It is just a standard commercial sink. The 1 1/4" tubular legs slide INTO the sockets and usually have set screws to lock them. The easiest thing is to go to ANY restaurant supply and buy 4 legs. Measure the sink and get legs that put the rim at the height you want, usually 36". Some sinks come with the legs in an "H" pattern with a brace between them but those require that the front and back opening be a specific distance apart.

more details & measurements.

Legs look that they should have approx 2" inside diameter.
Legs are approx 71 5/8" apart (left to right) center to center
and 17½" apart (front to rear) center to center.

3 sinks approx 22x24" (measured from outside, upturned unit

You are measuring the OUTSIDE of the socket. Are you even reading the previous posts? The legs go INSIDE, and they are a "standard" size used on almost, if not all, commercial sinks.

Edited 1 times.

Author: samauri (TX)

try advance tabco.com

I have about 20 firms in this area alone where I could go in and get as many legs, of whatever length I need, from stock.

great. thanks.

Author: BrewerJeff (TX)

I've been working on a similar project for a couple of weeks. The companies that sell the sinks have fittings which will fit into the bottoms of the legs to help with balancing and leveling. The more stainless the better but you might want to check if the sockets on the base of the sink are galvanized steel or SS. Mine are galvanized cups pressed and sealed into stainless brackets welded and sealed with some type of sealant / adhesive / epoxy / mystery substance. The galvanized cups will eventually destroy the sink, no idea of how long it will take but I'll be too old and weak to lift a pot into the sink by that point. It still sucks because the sink could have been used again and again as long as people didn't use bleach, etc to clean the sink. There are cross braces available in 1.25" stainless which help stabilize the legs. They bolt on. Ask the restaurant supply companies and they will either sell you the galvanized legs or admit they buy galvanized fence posts for chain link fence from the hardware store, OD of 1.625. Both sizes of legs in SS are not common. I wasn't able to find any 1.25 in town and friends who bend tubing for the semi-conductor industry and other industries said 1.25 SS is rare. Didn't ask about 1.625 but only imagine it is harder to find.
Even with the legs and support braces, the sinks are designed to be attached to something very solid at the back. Personally I'm going to put a couple of 2 x 4 's horizontally across the wall studs and use a thin SS backsplash. I only see two points where the sink can be bolted to the wall so I'm going to TIG some SS brackets on to distribute the weight across a larger area around the existing mounting points. Then silicone the finished project to keep stuff from getting behind the sink.
The supply plumbing is usually in a difficult to access area of the sink so consider that before attaching the sink to the studs.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.