Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 635,000 strictly plumbing related posts

The best online PLUMBING help, advice and information forum. Questions and discussions about toilets, sinks, faucets, drainage, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, water quality, and other exclusively PLUMBING related issues. Please refrain from asking where to purchase a product, or business, pricing, or legal questions, or for contractor referrals, or any questions not related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. This site is free, ad free, pop-up free and made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 small worm-like things in toilet
Author: mollygirl (FL)

we just got back from two weeks' vacation and upon lifting the toilet seat I was shocked to see small worm-like things (1/2 - 3/4"winking smiley moving in the bottom on the toilet. I flushed them down and thoroughly cleaned the toilet. Several hours later there was another one. Today there were two more.
We have a cat and I'm not sure if the cat sitter flushed any droppings down the toilet. We have two toilets and this has happened only in one of the toilets. We live in an older place--40 years--and the plumbing is original. Any thoughts as to what is happening would be appreciated.

Re: small worm-like things in toilet
Author: SMSPlumbing (MD)

You may want to call a pest management place. They might know about the worms.

If droppings were flushed down, they would have gone through the drain.

Were they in the tank too, or just the bowl, could have had some bug lay eggs in there.

Author: LemonPlumber (FL)

Molly please .Remove the toilet tank cover,and pour five to ten onces of 5% by volume bleach in the over flow tube/small riser where the toilets small primer tube sprays water\.Leave this in the rim area for ten minutes and report back if any pests seem to still be present.How is the cat,s health?heart worm /ring worm?Fleas are back is the cat covered by epidermal oil treatment?Sorry could you say what water supplier you pay your bill to?If your inside Volusia county. I will visit you for free.

Author: SwimRunPlumb (MI)

It is probably mosquito larvae. They are called wigglers I believe. Not a big deal, just dump some bleach in the tank and flush.

Edited 1 times.

Author: Shoemaker2 (MA)

Can you post a photo of what you are seeing?

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2018 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.