Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 replace kitchen faucet
Author: Cookie (WA)

I have a kitchen sink with a single lever and a spray hose on the side. Well, the thing you push to spray has broken off. I would like to take this opportunity to replace the whole thing with separate hot and cold levers and of course another sprayer.

Is this even possible?

Thanks so much for any help you experts can give me!

Re: replace kitchen faucet
Author: waukeshaplumbing (WI)

you need to match the new faucet with the amount of holes your sink has drilled or drill extra holes in your sink.

most 2 handle kitchen faucets use 3 holes

i cant remember the last time i installed a 2 handle kitchen faucet...your selection is going to be few.....i recommend a single handle....if your hands are messy or you have something in 1 hand how will you adjust hot/cold with 1 hand quickly?..you cant...thats why most KS faucets are single handle.

bottom line is anything you want can be done..so yes

Author: Fixitangel (NC)

You would need a sink that has 4 holes, 3 for the faucet and one for the sprayer. If your single handle faucet has a wide rectangular base you probably have the 3 holes necessary. Look underneath. If not, holes will need to be made. Then check out the many faucets available from our sponsor such as the Delta model here:
[www.plumbingsupply.com]
Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply. The problem with a single lever faucet is that it takes forever (for me, anyway)to adjust the water temp.

Thanks, Fixitangel. Now to crawl under the sink and count holes! By the way, I do use Delta faucets.

Author: A1APLBG (GA)

There is a nice selection of two handle faucets on the market. You will not have any problems finding one you like. Delta has some nice ones to choose from.

Author: hj (AZ)

The hardest part about replacing it could be removing it, but that spray head is readily available and easy to replace. FEW people go from a single handle faucet to a two handled one.

IN that case, it may take an eternity to adjust TWO handles. Most users know instinctively, after using it a few times, where to position the handle for the proper temperature. Or get one that you do not have to move it from the temperature's position to turn it on and off.

Unless it is a granite top or a special sink, it will have three holes, and there are two handle faucets with a sprayer that only need three holes.

Author: waukeshaplumbing (WI)

buy the new Delta which turns on and off by touching the faucet...the handle can stay in the exact same place and give the same temp every time..

you must be fussy with your temp...i never think about it unless its burning my hands

Author: Fixitangel (NC)

Quote: Unless it is a granite top or a special sink, it will have three holes, and there are two handle faucets with a sprayer that only need three holes.

Hole #1 is the sprayer, off to the side. Confirmed. The original poster said she has one.
Hole #2 is the center hole for the single handle faucet. Confirmed. This hole may or may not be used if the fixture is swapped out.

That leaves 2 more holes necessary, one for hot, one for cold.

4 holes total, which I bet she already has. I was trying to help, not confuse.

Nothing special about a sink with 4 holes.

Edited 1 times.

I was replying to the post that implied she might have to drill additional holes. My reply was to establish that ANY sink with 3 or 4 holes can use a faucet with a sprayer without adding holes. Granite sinks, or special order stainless or cast iron, MAY have a single hole drilling, with or without a second one for a sprayer, which would require drilling to use a two handle faucet.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.