Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Kohler Cimarron problems
Author: Nevada Plumber (NV)

I installed a Kohler Cimarron Comfort Height Elongated toilet for an older couple four days ago. They have since called my twice to unclog the new toilet. Each time the clog is in the toilet. I did not use a wax ring with a plastic flange and the toilet was bought at one of my suppliers, not a big box store. At this point I am going to replace the toilet with a pressure assist toilet, and call Kohler and see if they will do anything for me. Has anyone come across this problem with these toilets before? This is only the second time I have had a complaint about these toilets, out of the roughly fifty I have installed.

Re: Kohler Cimarron problems
Author: dlh (TX)

they do have different models that dont flush as well. maybe you got one of them. i dont use kohler so i dont know how many different models they make of the comfort height

- - - - - - -

PLUMBERS "Protecting The Health Of The Nation"

Author: CrossThreader (CA)

I've installed approx. 25 Kohler Cimmarrons w/ 4x3 wax w/ plastic flanges in retirement community. Many more were installed there before I arrived. No calls for stoppages. On Toto 3" flappers, either. Unless the user has medical issues, and unusually large deposits-its not the Cimmarron. Might be user isn't holding lever long enough to completey evacuate full tank when needed. W/c stoppages are usually not caused by the waste or the paper, but the size of the WAD of paper. And, nothing but the paper, besides what goes in your mouth goes in the bowl! I'm not a fan of pressure asst w/c's, especially in residential applications. If you can flush the Cimmarron 10x's with paper, it's not the fixture. Toto Drake is more expensive but stronger flush and washes the bowl more effectively.

Author: redwood (CT)

As DLH stated the Kohler Cimmeron comes in several different models with different flushing capacity. Read the MaP Report linked below in my auto signature.

It is possible that you got the doggy model. I was going to state that the only "High Performance" gravity flush toilets I have ever seen having problems were installed with wax rings that had plastic horns on them, but you have stated thats not the case.

I would also say that some people with medical issues are going to have issues with just about any toilet. They may just require some training IE. chop that thing up with a coathanger wire before they flush.

I would consider pressure assisted a last resort. Compared to the right model of the Kohler Cimmeron they do not offer a sustantial gain in flush performance. Read the MaP report and see for yourself. The pressure assisted toilets do bring on sustantially higher repair costs. IE. The $40.00 handle (my cost). I have actually replaced many of the Kohler's own pressure assisted orphans and early model Sloan Flushmate toilets in commercial applications with Toto Drakes and have "0" complaints and unfortunately very few augers on them. Restroom sabotage does happen in public restrooms... I wonder though how many times someone has gone in there trying to make a mess without succeeding?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Since 1995 (3 years before Google started) PlumbingSupply.com has been THE best plumbing supplier on the web. Please visit our sponsor [www.PlumbingSupply.com]

Edited 1 times.

Author: waukeshaplumbing (WI)

1 piece or 2 piece version?

ive had a 1 piece a few years ago which did poorly...i replaced it once and the new one was worse....

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.