Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Kitchen faucet w/sprayer in Laundry sink
Author: Anonymous User

I have new utility/laundry sink with 4" centers. How can I install a faucet with a kitchen type sprayer? The current plumbing is newly roughed-in only. I repaired an old kitchen-sink base cabinet to hold the new utility sink, so I have some flexibility before installing the new sink-faucet-cabinet. I have not been able to find a 4" kitchen faucet with sprayer because I think 4"-center is non-standard. Any suggestions on how to accomplish the task with my desired configuration?

Re: Kitchen faucet w/sprayer in Laundry

What about using a single handle faucet with spray? An inexpensive one would be a Delta 175. There are several lengths of replacement spouts available if you are not happy with the original spout length.

Kitchen faucet w/sprayer in Laundry sink
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

When considering the use of a faucet with spray for a laundry application, you must consider a vacuum breaker in the line to protect the water system in the house from back flow.
Without the benefit of an engineered faucet
and spray unit, you risk some danger in allowing a hose and sprayer to lay in the tub, unprotected.
The are commerically rated 4 inch center faucets with spray attachments, however,
the costs and have backflow protection as well as holders for the spray units.

Choose Wisely as mistakes are costly.
Best Wishes

Re: Kitchen faucet w/sprayer in Laundry sink
Author: hj (AZ)

4" is standard for a laundry sink, but there has never been a kitchen faucet made for 4" centers. You will have to improvise, possibly by installing a single hole pullout spout kitchen faucet after drilling a new center hole between the two existing ones, and then using the faucets 8" cover plate to conceal the unused holes.

I have never seen a 4". I know central brass makes a 6" with spray(or at least they use to).

Author: hj (AZ)

They may not make it any longer, since the only 6" sinks were made by Sears in the 50's and 60's and by now are probably all extinct.

The Delta 175 should work fine for the 4" spread without any additional holes being drilled. The handle-spout assembly will install in one hole and the spray will mount in the other hole which is normally 4" apart even in the kitchen setting. Being that the spout and the spray should never be submerged at the same time, additional backflow prevention shouldn't be necessary. However even if additional backflow prevention is necessary, all you have to do is remove the Delta 70 ball and install the RP12301 vacuum breaker ball and RP12302 insert checkvalves on the supply lines. If checkvalves are required, use the model suffix "wf" (Delta 175WF)

Author: jjbex (IL)

Delta makes a 4" spread faucet with a single handle and a pullout spray. They make a model for lavs and one for laundry sinks. I recently installed one in my laundry sink. I love it! Plus, my wife can bathe our toddler in the laundry sink now. I think the model numbers are 550 for the laundry and 750 for the lav.

Cheers, Jeff.

Yep that faucet would fit nicely.

It is the 550 that is for the lavatory and the 750 is a "specialty faucet" as it doesn't come with a pop-up and the hose is longer.

The only thing is... That is just a spout on a hose and doesn't offer a spray funtion, but a good option if spray isn't needed.

I looked at the 550 on their website. I wonder if you could put on a different aerator to give it more of a spray function.

How about taking a look at a commercial product named Fisher the hoses can be cut to length desired to keep it above the flood rim of the sink. Another brand would T&S which im not a fan of but is commonly used in the resturant inddustry and have 4" spread on them used commonly at Dennys for washing dishes.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.