Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Dishwashers with top controls
Author: Anonymous User

Most dishwashers have the control buttons and knobs mounted on the front of the door, but a few have the buttons on the top edge of the door. I am never quite sure how to set these units.

If you set these units where you normally set a front-control unit, the buttons will be underneath the counter.

Yet, if you set these units so that you can reach the buttons when the door is closed, the machine will stick out two or three inches.

What's the correct way to install a dishwasher with top-mounted controls?

Re: Dishwashers with top controls

We just install a real nice unit...top loader and the controls were on the top of the door when you pulled it out, as far as your problem JP, never seen a unit like that, seen the top controls and always set them as to see them when you open the door.

I'm not sure I understand ... did you mean to write that you set them so you can see the controls when you CLOSE the dishwasher door?

No, only when it's opened.

So, you would set it as far back as a dishwasher with front-mounted controls, correct? This way, when the door is closed, the buttons will be under the counter?

I'm wondering how mounting the unit this way would affect operation of the unit. The user would have to select the wash/rinse cycle and other options before closing the door. Will this automatically start the machine?

And, what if, during the middle of a cycle, the user wanted to change settings - he or she would have to open the door in mid-cycle in order to use the controls.

Maybe this is how these units are intended to be operated; I don't know because I've never used a top-control machine. The only one I've installed was that Bosch I posted about last week. It was a used machine, so I didn't have any installation manual to refer to.

I just wonder if a homeowner might complain about the buttons not being accessible when the dishwashwer door is closed.

Maybe I'm over-analyzing this ....

It depends on where the face of the cabinet is.I set the dish washer "door open" housing flush with the cabinet.If you set it to far forward you will see the sides of the dishwasher.When testing the dish washer "running" just pop the door lock.The dishwasher will stop ,Then open the door after the pump stops,

Author: Masterplumb (NY)

They are made that way to hide the controls for a plain front look. Set it in the same spot you would a "normal" dishwasher. Chris

Author: hj (AZ)

Check the installation manual for the proper reveal on it.

Author: royboy (SC)

I can't believe it took seven posts for someone to say "Read the instructions".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Since 1995 (3 years before Google started) PlumbingSupply.com has been THE best plumbing supplier on the web. Please visit our sponsor [www.PlumbingSupply.com]

Author: Judith Brice (PA)

How do you install dishwashers with top control

Author: slawrence (AR)

The panel is made to hide under the countertop. Checking the instructions, it shows you have three seconds after pressing Start to close the door.

Edited 1 times.

Author: jeffreywalton (NM)

"how to install the one with the top panel?" Hi guys I have this particular question because last Sunday my mother came across a big problem with your dishwasher and understood that she needs a new one. Her dishwasher stopped working and also she noticed a lot of water under the dishwasher. At home, I have a simple dishwasher that I ordered a year ago. Those times I was buying [ianboer.com.au] new commercial home appliances and bumped into a very good dishwasher so I’m thinking about just buying a new one for my mom instead of installing myself the one with the top panel."

Edited 1 times.

Author: HSIM (WA)

Somehow, installation instruction or owner's manual does not provide details of how much gap between the dishwasher door top (with controls) and the bottom of the countertop should be. Also, users manual does not say how I can cancel the running dishwasher. I have LG LDT567 dishwasher. I also tried other maker / model, but couldn't find one yet.

Instead of saying "read instructions", does anyone know the answers and is willing to share with others?

Most importantly, how a user can cancel the cycle with top control model dishwasher?

That decides how much gap I would need between the dishwasher door top and the countertop bottom.

Regards,

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.