Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Blue Max
Author: chip (OH)

Hello,can anyone give me a brief history of blue max water lines?like when was it in-stalled ,why did it fail,and when was the class action lawsuit against it?
thanx

Re: Blue Max
Author: Dunbar (KY)

A very popular type of plastic water piping similar to Polybutelene that was recalled due to product defect, liability, property damage.

It was common for installations through foundations walls that would shear off due to weight of grade.

There is a timeline in the liability replacement of the this piping where authorized plumbing contractors replace the piping at no/partial cost to the customer.

A local bank manager was trying to sell a house in Cincinnati, Ohio. The house inspector would not pass the structure until the Blue-max was replaced with a different type of water line back to the meter pit at the city curb.

If you have it, hurry, your statute of limitation might of run out already, or close to it.

I am guilty of owning it at my own property, about 140 foot run to a second building, but it was never used. I am sure the water inside the piping is contaminated by now from lack of use.

It was one of those ideas of someone giving you pipe for next to nothing ( now I see why ) and had the equipment already on site for the construction of 2nd building.

Author: chip (OH)

was blue max used all across the U.S. ?
or just in the midwest?whats the best way to dig a trench to run a new line?
ditchwich,bobcat,backhoe,dig with chaingain?

Author: hj (AZ)

All across the U.S. The class action covers it for 10 years after installation, but only up till 7/31/1995 installations so the covered lines are in a very small window at this time. The method of digging depends on the length, area, access, depth, and type of soil.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.