Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Where does the air gap go?
Author: Anonymous User

I just purchased a new Moen kitchen faucet that requires 4 holes in the sink; three for the faucet (since there are separate hot/cold water knobs) and one for the sprayer. Unfortunately, my current ceramic coated sink only has 4 holes, but I need an extra one for the dishwasher air gap. I don't want to buy an new sink and am not sure I can drill a hole in the current one without chipping the finish. Assuming the code requires an air gap, where else can it be located? Any suggestions short of returning the faucet or buying a new sink?

Re: Where does the air gap go?
Author: westchester plumber

If you have an air gap, your code most likely requires it, check to see if an air break is allowed, that can be done under the kitchen sink.

Depending on the type of countertop you have, another option would be to drill a hole in it for a deck mount DW air gap.

Good Luck. *westchester plumber*

Author: plumbfitter

You can drill the sink, the airgap should have an escutcheon to cover any little chips, or dings. I agree with the previous post, drilling the countertop will be easier. All you need is a hole saw or wood boring bit.

Author: PLUMBILL

Call your local plumbing inspector and ask if an air-break is allowed per code, it sure is would be better in your case.

Author: packy (MA)

simplest thing is to purchase a new faucet with the spray hose mounted in the base of the faucet thus requiring only 3 holes. delta makes one..

Author: Anonymous User

In the state of oregon your allowed to loop d.washer hose high under countertop then into disposal,If it's allowed at all and your not having it inspected ,Go for it

Author: plumbingsalesguy (WA)

Looking for an air break and can't locate one.... Who's the manufacturer?

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.