Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 PVC Pipe Bender
Author: Anonymous User

My next door neighbor lent me his PVC pipe bender and then he left for the summer, so I don't have any instrutions. To use it you wrap this blanket thing around the pipe and plug it in. I am using it on 4" PVC pipe I am using as a drain. Do these work? If so, how do you use them? I tried to use it, but the pipe just collapsed where I melted it.

Re: PVC Pipe Bender
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Something that powerful, mechanical and technical should have a name and model number on it.
Do a GOOGLE SEARCH for the manufacturer and call them for further instructions.
Best Wishes

Author: hj (AZ)

The first thing you should know is that bending pipes for drains is not permitted under most codes. Other than that, you insert the pipe, turn it on, and when the pipe is at the proper temperature you will be able to bend it. Unfortunately, without a mandrel to stabilize the pipe while bending, it probably will collapse during the process.

why not glue on a 90 or 45 degree fitting??????? Seems like more work than its worth

powerful, mechanical and technical? It is just a long box with a heating coil inside and holes at each end.

Author: Phil H

HJ
Reminds me of the first time I ever saw someone bending PVC. An electrician was bending some offsets in 1" PVC conduit with a device costing thousands of dollars. He stuck it in the tailpipe of his Chevy truck. Yep - that truck sure was powerful, mechanical and technical. Wheelchair's advice is worthwhile though. The manufactures website might have some practical suggestions. Bending warm PVC can be like bending a wet noodle.

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

hj wrote:

> powerful, mechanical and technical? It is just a long box with
> a heating coil inside and holes at each end.
LOL. To a novice, it is a powerful, mechanical and technical piece of equipment.
Kinda like a commerical flushvalve in a service station washroom. You have a mechanic who can tear down a gas engine and restore it in one/two days, but is afraid to touch a chromed flush valve on the toilet.
W

The low tech version is a plumber's torch and a can of MAPP gas. I had a friend who was a consumate DIY'er. Never called any professional if there was a chance he could cobble something together himself. He installed the plumbing in his new house. He used PVC and almost ever piece of pipe had scorch marks on it from his heating and bending the pipe to fit.

GreenLee Tools makes one

Author: lodavyes (Canada)

I have such a tool, and it is controlled by thyristor or transistor inverter-controllers. Today, AC synchronous servomotors with permanent magnet excitation occupy a larger market segment than asynchronous servomotors. This is due to the characteristics of the motors. They are installed on industrial pipe benders. I ordered a conduit bender hire [www.lakeside-hire.co.uk] service to install a couple of tubes near the back door. Almost nothing difficult in the work of the master did not see, you can ask them for these services or ask how best to do.

Edited 2 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.