Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Crane Dial ese kitchen sink
Author: Anonymous User

I would go to the ends of the earth for a replacement faucet and the molded plastic plate that is on my Crane Dial ese kitchen sink. It is obsolete - and Crane hasn't made them in a zillion years. House was built in 1949 - so sink is of that era. Does ANYONE have a lead or know of someone who is willing to part with some parts?

Re: Crane Dial ese kitchen sink
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

PlumbingWarehouse.com has a faucet that is suppose to be almost identical to the Dial ese.

Crane Dialese kitchen sink faucet
Author: Wheelchair (IL)

Crane Plumbing is still alive and doing well.
Crane Plumbing produced several kitchen faucets using the Dialeze stem. Which faucet do you have? 8inch center with dual stems or a single unit? Is it deck mounted or back mounted?
Let us all know so that we can help you.

Re: Crane Dialese kitchen sink faucet
Author: Anonymous User

it is back mounted on the curved back of the sink. i have done an internet search re: this sink - and i believe that it is a 45 degree mount (does this make sense). the vanity plate around the H/C knobs, sprayer, and faucet is also cracked and yellowed - so would like to replace that also. it is a cool vintage sink - and it appears that others have had similar difficulties in finding replacement parts.

Re: Crane C-1072 Faucet

JLG wrote:

it is back mounted on the curved back of the sink.

That was indeed the C-1072 Citadel Dial-ese supply and indirect lift waste fitting with aerator and indexed five-rib handles.
It was manufactured by Crane's cousin company in Canada and shipped to Crane's Kentucky warehouse. 10 years ago when the USA passed the NSF Code (no lead) in the plumbing industry, Crane had to go elsewhere to have their faucet made. Crane-Canada continued to produce faucets, but for the Canadian market.
Parts could still be produced and shipped into the USA but not the complete. The need for this special faucet faded in time. The stems are still available. Today, Powers Company in Skokie makes most of Cranes faucets.
Gerber was suppose to make a similar faucet, but things change daily in the plumbing industry.
Best Wishes.

Re: Crane C-1072 Faucet
Author: hj (AZ)

The direct lift faucet was a lavatory unit, this person has the kitchen faucet which was similar to the Crosley faucet, in that it mounted on the beveled backsplash of the sink.

Re: Thank you

Thank you for the correction.

Author: Chicken (PA)

I have the part you are looking for. I just removed the whole sink with facet and back plastic. Everything is in excellent shape. Everything must be sold as one .
Email me if interested,

Author: Chicken (PA)

I have the part you are looking for. I just removed the whole sink with facet and back plastic. Everything is in excellent shape. Everything must be sold as one .
Email me if interested, j

Author: debshs (MS)

I just came across this post but don't know how recent this conversation was. I have the same kind of sink in my kitchen and I've been looking for replacement parts for several years now. Through a series of remodeling projects, the old faucet was discarded long before I became the owner of this magnificent sink. The plastic mounting plate was cracked several years before the faucet was removed. Since I acquired it 20 years ago I've had 2 metal plates custom made to adapt a modern faucet to the sink but they keep rusting and corroding. I'm presently at the point where I need a 3rd plate for the faucet to mount onto. Neither caulking nor sealant nor Rustoleum paint are doing anything to stop this reaction. My husband is a chemist and he explained that the reason the metal plates keep disintegrating is that they are in contact with a dissimilar metal. I'm willing to purchase an antique faucet like the original but I can't seem to locate a reproduction cast of the plastic plate. I found a website that would make a metal one for $950 but it wouldn't be accurate material for the original. Does anyone know how I could get a plastic one made or find an old one still intact and in good condition? HELP!!

Author: austin703 (PA)

I am not sure when this was posted but do you still have the dialeze faucet plate?

Author: Djones (OH)

Do u still have this

Author: LizzieB (LA)

Don't know how old this post is but I have found someone to recreate my dial-ese kitchen faucet plate through 3d printing. I've been waiting for over a decade to find one or have technology come to my area and make 3d printing a possibility. I have my original, battered and cracked, from which to reproduce a new one. It isn't cheap, but costs less than the aluminum one I found online. (That one is $688) The biggest cost is from the 3d scanning, which is required to create a digital file from which to print. If anyone is interested I can let you know how it turns out. I'm posting this Feb 10, 2023.

Author: SunnydayNC (NC)

Thanks for your post LizzieB. How did your 3D printed 1948-49 Crane Dial ese kitchen faucet deck plate turn out? If you are happy with the results, I might be interested in trying to get one as well. That was a great idea to get one 3D printed

Edited 1 times.

Author: Herb (IL)

LizzieB - I'm also interested in the 3D sink plate reproduction. How did it turn out? Thanks.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.