Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Tub Faucet leaking nonstop
Author: joshvoss1 (NE)

Hello I am remodeling my bathroom and really need help! I installed the shower valve, tub, and shower head using pex. Even when the shower is turned completely off the tub faucet has a steady leak. I had to tie the pex into really old galvenized pipes. I don't know what to do and it is staining my new tub with rust.

Thanks in advance! !

Re: Tub Faucet leaking nonstop
Author: steve (CA)

Pull the apart and check it for debris that broke loose from inside the galvanized pipe. What size pex did you use between the valve and the tub spout?

Author: stuckinlodi (MO)

Even if it wasn't leaking continuously the tub could still get rust stains whenever you run the water for the tub, since the rust particles or color is in the water from the galv piping. If you have galvanized pipes in the home when the water flows thru this can happen, even if the last few feet of piping is pex or something else. Also, some areas of the country have high iron content in the water and that can stain. Do you see the same rust discoloration in sinks and toilet bowls?

The leak could be from something related to the work you did, or faulty parts. Check the water controls. Until it is repaired do you have a water shutoff for that leak?

Edited 1 times.

Author: joshvoss1 (NE)

Hi I used 1.5 inch pex

Author: PlumberManDan (IA)

I hope you did NOT pipe the TUB SPOUT in Pex... did you install the cartridge before you did any soldering if so then replace the cartridge after flushing the lines of the galvanized debris.

PlumbCat TM 2003

Plumbermandan

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.