Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 1.5" drian for shower to macerator up flush?
Author: bultwinkle (ME)

Sani flo is offering a unit that has a 1.5 " drain opening for a shower. Will this be enough?
The pump does pump 17GPM which seem to me would stop any slow drain problems. Am I wrong?
I plan on running a 2" drain for about the 1st 2 feet from the shower.Total run about 7"to macerator.

Re: 1.5" drian for shower to macerator up flush?
Author: hj (AZ)

ANd, HOW are you going to make an "acceptable" reduction from the 2" to the 1 1/2"?

Author: stuckinlodi (MO)

I would think SaniFlo has tested the 1-1/2" shower drain size and it will work fine. Afterall, it will be nearly all water from the shower, with just some soap scum. Your shower head will deliver at most only about 2 gpm, unless you've got an older one in there. What's the point of running a 2" shower drain line and then reducing it to fit the SaniFlo inlet?

Also, did you mean 7 feet and not 7 inches in your posting?

Edited 3 times.

Author: NoHub (MA)

Must be 2" in Massachusetts,Really wish they would make a 2" inlet because I like saniflo.

Author: stuckinlodi (MO)

Does MA code allow it to be 2" from shower drain to just before the SaniFlo inlet, then reduced there at the toilet connection point?

Edited 1 times.

Author: steve (CA)

Get one of their 2" inlet models.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.