Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Toilet installation on concrete
Author: CinRod (TX)

We are installing a toilet in our garage. Our septic tank is about 100' away from the installation point and the discharge will be 6-8 inches lower than the entry point on the sewer tank. I'm looking at a macerating toilet but really think it may be overkill.
Suggestions please

Re: Toilet installation on concrete
Author: packy (MA)

is freezing a problem for your pipe ?

No- we may get a light freeze every other year but no heavy freeze.

great.. i wish i could say the same..
anyway.. the liberty low pro is a flat tank with an ejector pump. it is 5 1/2 inches tall so you set it on the cement floor and use 2 x 6 joists to build a floor around it. it means you would step up to a 6 inch tall platform but no busting of cement required.
[www.libertypumps.com]
if the platform is objectionable. then look into a pumpup toilet such as the saniflo
[archive.media-resources-ordp.com]
it might be best to contact liberty pumps tech support and ask about 100 foot long and 6 inch rise..
they are more qualified to answer that question

Thanks Packy.... I'll give them a call. I'd prefer not to have a riser but also hate the idea of $100+ on an up flush toilet

Author: hj (AZ)

Sani-Flo toilets sit on the floor with the tank and pump behind them.

i suggested he look into a liberty 'lowpro'.. i'm not sure how far a saniflo will pump. he said 100+ feet with a 6 inch height difference.

Author: stuckinlodi (MO)

If the drain line from the toilet is immediately run upward a couple of feet (or perhaps more), then sloped more than the minimum the rest of the way does that lengthen the distance spec or capability of the toilet pump since gravity is helping move things along?

Edited 1 times.

that would work just like any sloped drain line.
the thing is, this is outside so it would look like a roller coaster running across the back yard.

Author: stuckinlodi (MO)

Ha! I didn't think about that. He'd need to paint it green and plant lots of ferns in front of it. big grin

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.