Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Turned off water, change a washer, turned on water, now no water to tub/shower
Author: JChong (NY)

So I had a leak in the shower (hot water). I looked up an video on how to change the washer since it's been a long time since I changed one and wanted to make sure I had it right. So i did it step by step, turned off the water, all the way through. I go to turn the water back on, I check the kitchen, flowing. Check the bathroom sink, flowing. Turn the water in the shower on, barely anything. Hot and cold side...barely a trickle. I go back down stairs turn it off, go through it again, just to make sure. Turn it on, same process, same result. I thought it may be just a matter of giving it time to flow back...checked it a few minutes ago, nothing at all now. What could it be that caused NO water to get to the bathtub/shower, when all the other faucets and toilet are working perfectly fine? Pleeease, help....this is driving me crazy.

Joe

Re: Turned off water, change a washer, turned on water, now no water to tub/shower
Author: packy (MA)

shower head clogged with debris ???
remove the head and see what happens ..

Re: Turned off water, change a washer, turned on water, now no water to tub/shower

There's no water even when I turn the middle knob to the bottom faucet for the the tub. Just nothing from either side, no side of air or water flow.

Author: packy (MA)

turn off the main, remove the H&C stems/cartridges and turn water back on.. what happens?

There's no water even when I turn the middle knob to the bottom faucet for the the tub. Just nothing from either side, no side of air or water flow.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.