Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 What model Moen in shower?
Author: RichRock (FL)

Hello all,
Which model Moen this is, in my shower?
When was it made available for sale, to the public?
Which model would you replace it with?
Thanks!

Edited 1 times.

Re: What model Moen in shower?
Author: PA_Plumber (PA)

That is a Moenique. I have no idea when they were sold and installed. Moen does have a newer version Model 14292. It doesn't have the soap holder, but it will cover the odd hole in the tile.

Thanks!
Is Moenique typically covered by the Moen Lifetime warranty?
Do they have a version of Model 14292 without the tub spout?

Author: Wheelchair (IL)

The earlier M
Monique Showers had toe testers, not tub spouts.

Best Wishes

Author: m & m (MD)

My guess is that it was available late 60's, early 70's. As far as repairs it is no different than the others. It uses the 1225 cartridge.

This is a separate stall shower with no tub...
What replacement options do I have without a tub spout or toe tester?

Author: hj (AZ)

That was made long before a "lifetime warranty" was even thought of. The spout, which was also the soap dish, and the grab bar, were about the only reasons for making it, so you will not find anything made without the spout.

Hmm? On a quick search for "shower faucet trim" [www.google.com], I couldn't find anything made with the spout, unless it was separate.

The Moenique "replacement unit" DOES come with a hole for the spout AND a "slip on spout". Anything else will NOT work in your situation.

Why won't anything else work but the Moenique "replacement unit", in my situation?

Edited 1 times.

NO, because you need something the size of the hole in the wall and that is the ONLY thing that will work.

How do you know, what size the hole in the wall is, if I haven't removed the Moenique, to expose it?

Edited 1 times.

Hello all,
I hope you don't mind me resurrecting this old thread, for anyone, who may be in a similar situation.

After, I got the old Moenique off my stall shower and sent Moen this pic, I received the following reply, which was NOT welcomed news...

"Based on the picture provided, The [www.moen.com] 14292 Moenique Service Kit, should not be used for a shower only installation. The kit can only be used with a shower/tub combination--there is not a cover to cap the tub spout area of the base plate. Your rough-in valve is called “Standard” and regular Moentrol shower only trim can be used with the existing valve; but, the 145058 conversion kit will be needed to allow for attaching a new base plate. The new base plate will be approximately 7” in diameter and hole patching will most likely be necessary.".

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.