Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 600,000 posts related to plumbing

Welcome to Plbg.com (aka: PlumbingForum.com) we are the most popular plumbing information sharing, advice, DIY and educational forum on the Web. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality, and plumbing related questions. Please refrain from asking where to purchase a product, business, pricing, or legal questions, for contractor referrals, or any questions not related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and no advertising. This site is free and made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Washing machine drain pipe to AC drain
Author: lostcrack (SC)

I have a washing machine downstairs right now and want to move it upstairs. However, one problem is moving my drain pipe. I currently have an AC unit right above the room I want to move it in to with a drain pipe running through the wall for the AC unit. This might be a stupid question, but here it goes. Can I connect my washing machine drain to the condensate drain (if its the 2" size)? Thank you in advance.

Re: Washing machine drain pipe to AC drain
Author: stuckinlodi (MO)

You have to be careful about combining drains like that, especially with something like a washing machine that empties a lot of water in a short amount of time. Is the condensate drain you are talking about a larger wall or floor drain that the a/c condensate hose empties into? A 2" pipe is fairly large for just a condensate drain. Could that drain pipe your a/c is connected to originally have been for a washing machine (is it a vertical standpipe), or was it installed specifically for the a/c unit? Post a photo of this a/c drain if you can.

Edited 8 times.

Author: packy (MA)

i'm going out on a limb and say the 2 inch is a vent for something that the ac person stuck the condensate drain into.
so giving me a 50/50 chance to be correct.. if that pipe is a vent for the laundry and you are capping the old connection down below, you can use if for the washer drain. it will work and be legal..

Author: stuckinlodi (MO)

I agree, it is probably something like that. We have a lot of humidity down here, but we don't use 2" condensate lines at home. I don't even think Panama has them that large.

Did you enjoy 2nd half of Sunday's game a little more than 1st half? I heard someone nicked Brady's game jersey, it wouldn't be in your basement would it?

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

i came dangerously close to turning the game off and going to sleep.. 28-3 and no one in history has ever overcome a 19 point lead nevermind a 25 ...
so, you are asking if that jersey with the number 12 on it i have hidden under the bed belonged to who???

Thank you :clap:
Author: lostcrack (SC)

I'm going to look further in to it this weekend. Just wasn't sure if this was possible or not. Thank you for the info!

Go HAWKS!

Edited 2 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2017 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.