Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 605,000 posts related to plumbing

Welcome to Plbg.com (aka: PlumbingForum.com) we are the most popular plumbing information sharing, advice, DIY and educational forum on the Web. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality, and plumbing related questions. Please refrain from asking where to purchase a product, business, pricing, or legal questions, for contractor referrals, or any questions not related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and no advertising. This site is free and made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Shower not getting hot
Author: aldrichlorraine (NJ)

Good evening!

I have googled and come up with it could be cross connection to.faulty head (thats what she said)

My.shower won't get hot. All other faucets get hot. I.also have a hand held in.the shower. That gets hot. Not the head (thats what she said) it could do.with a good vinegar soak but doubt thats it. Has operated. Boiler in.basement. Just one. Cant find make as it's all just installed

Re: Shower not getting hot
Author: m & m (MD)

If all. The otHEr faucets get. hot Then it may just be. The limit stop on the shower faucet It.self. That needs adjustment.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Do you have a diverter to switch between the head and handheld ?
M + M, I see what you did there. :)

Edited 2 times.

Author: packy (MA)

"may just be. The limit stop on the shower faucet It.self"...
but he said the hand held gets hot ???

Author: m & m (MD)

I see that now packy but missed it last night when i replied right around the same time that the NE patriots were staging their historical comeback.

Author: hj (AZ)

You do realize that it sounds ridiculous for the hand held to get hot and the shower not to, especially since they both should be using the SAME water.

Author: stuckinlodi (MO)

Some handheld showers attach to the tub spout, perhaps that is what they have.

Edited 1 times.

Author: hj (AZ)

Makes no difference, both are using the SAME water after the handles are turned on.

Author: stuckinlodi (MO)

If their shower isn't working but the tub spout is working then the blockage could be in the vertical pipe running from the valve to the shower head, or the shower water passageway in the valve. They mention they *also* have a handheld shower and it works, they didn't say where it is mounted, if it's attached to the tub spout it isn't the same water as what goes up to the shower head.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2017 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.