Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 What is this fitting and where can I buy a new one?
Author: ultimoblaze (OH)

I have 3 meters on my house serving three separate apartments. The fitting in the first picture is what I need. The other pictures are the location where the meter goes I'm installing and the other is an installed meter adjacent to it. The S-swivel fitting that was in the fitting broke off and left a piece of pipe in the threads and I can't get it out. I can't find this fitting at any hardware store or online and I don't know what it would be called.

Thanks,
Ultimoblaze

Edited 2 times.

Re: What is this fitting and where can I buy a new one?
Author: hj (AZ)

It is a "gas meter setting fitting" and NO ONE will have one other than your gas utility company, and they might not be too happy about you working on that part of the system anyway.

Author: packy (MA)

they are available all over the internet.
look for 15 light gas mater bar..
[www.google.com]

Author: ultimoblaze (OH)

Well the gas in this house was still plumbed for lighting. There were 1-1/2" lines running to just above the meter and 3 back to back reducing elbows going down into the "setting fitting". When I removed the old 1-1/2" lines there was no support for the meter other than the supply side connection so I removed it. Then while trying to remove the street elbows, I broke off the swivel fitting in the setting fitting. Not thinking I'd have such a difficult time finding a new one, I threw it out.

As for the meter bar, that appears to be a 1 piece construction and I don't think I'd be able to install that to the existing valved setting fitting that is already there. If I provided adequate support on the outlet side of the gas meter, could I get away with not having a meter bar? I don't see any setting fittings for sale on the internet.

Thanks,
Ultimoblaze

Author: JohnWashington (IN)

Thanks all for the suggestions smiling smiley.

Edited 3 times.

Author: Ablike4605 (HI)

Deleted...

Edited 1 times.

Author: EmilyBraxton (IN)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Edited 2 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.