Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 600,000 posts related to plumbing

Welcome to Plbg.com (aka: PlumbingForum.com) we are the most popular plumbing information sharing, advice, DIY and educational forum on the Web. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality, and plumbing related questions. Please refrain from asking where to purchase a product, business, pricing, or legal questions, for contractor referrals, or any questions not related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and no advertising. This site is free and made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Water pressure
Author: Procellamy (LA)

My hot water pressure is not the same in all areas of home. I hAve minimal hot water in kitchen and guest bathroom but excessive hot water in master bath. before I call a plumber out I wanted to see if there is anything I can do to try and fix issue. I checked valves under sink ther are correct.

Edited 1 times.

Re: Water pressure
Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

Have you checked the aerators on the end of the spouts and the screens in the showerheads ?

Yes checked both. I was outside the other night and my dish washwer was running and there was a strange sound that was coming from my pipes. I don't know if I need to maybe clean them out I read about calcification could that cause blockage? Maybe that's what is cause the water to reroute??

Author: packy (MA)

you won't know until you take things apart to look inside. most valves can have the stem assembly removed so you can look inside. ball valves you can't do that..

Author: hj (AZ)

"Excessive hot water"? What does that mean? Is it too hot? Few people would complain about too much volume, since you control that by how much you turn the faucet on. There are several possible causes for lower pressure and volume, but MOST of them are NOT curable without a heavy investment of funds.

Soory I should been more specific than excessive hot water. In my kitchen sink and bathroom sink I can turn the faucet on all the way and just a small flow of water comes out but it's not the same for the cold water. That is the same for the guest shower. But in my master bathroom I can barely turn the hot on and it's full force of water along with the sink.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

The hot water supply line could be disconnected from the faucet and run into a bucket to determine if the problem lies within the faucet. If not you can work backward from the supply valve.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2017 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.