Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 replace my recirculating line
Author: weissmand (CA)

My recirculating line underneath my slab had a pinhole leak and so I had some plumbers seal it off. The plumbers warned me that I will likely get more pinholes and having a recirc line underneath a slab is not great because repairs require sledgehammering into the floor to fix.

Now I don;t have great hot water around the house. I am guessing I need to build a new recirculating line. My house is unfortunately not configured all that well to do this through the walls or the ceiling.

Is it common to build a new recirc line on the outside of the house? Also, is it required that I connect it to the furthest pipe?

Thanks

Re: replace my recirculating line
Author: packy (MA)

not common around here because of freezing temperatures but it that is not a concern then it will work.
tie the recirc between the last and next to last fixtures.

Author: hj (AZ)

It doesn't HAVE to be at the furthest pipe, but you will only have "fast" hot water up to the point where you do connect it.

Author: PlumberLoren (CA)

Do yourself a favor and re-pipe in the attic if possible. Pin holes are rampant in under slab copper installs. You should shut off everything inside the home and go to your water meter to see if the small needle is rotating. If it is you still have a leak somewhere in your system. Hundreds of thousands of homes have copper under the slab and Plumbers are staying busy moving these systems into the attic if there is one. All hot water piping should be insulated if possible to conserve energy and save money. The way folks waste water is slowly coming to a halt due to limited resources of potable water and the cost to convey it to customers.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.