Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Toilet clogged
Author: RussJR (TN)

Hello,
I'll start plunging slowly until all the air is removed from the plunger. When I start plunging vigorously there will be a lot of air bubbling up and the water is still standing. Where is all this air coming from?
The sink and tub are not affected.
A few weeks ago it was clogged, which I have cleared that clog but it would drain slowly if I let it sit for a few minutes. Now it won't move at all.

Re: Toilet clogged
Author: PlumberLoren (CA)

Try an auger but remove any debris in the toilet prior to using the closet auger. The auger will traverse the bowl and reach the closet bend where it drops down toward the sewer. First try clockwise if you get through and it is still stopped up than the stoppage is further down or you punched a small hole which closed up when you retrieved the snake. If you have a clean out outside for the main line remove the plug to see if it is not draining. Hopefully you have a proper clean out that will allow you to go in either direction, they look like an upside down Y with a bar on the bottom. The bar being the horizontal drain pipe. Good luck.

Edited 1 times.

I'll try that and let you know. Thank you

Thank you for your help. smiling smiley

Thank you for your help.
I went out and picked up a longer snake and that did the trick. Going through the toilet, not in the crawl space. I did look for a clean out plug and there is none.
Thanks again

Edited 1 times.

Author: DaveMill (CA)

(not a plumber)

Several years ago, we had a nasty clog. I couldn't see a cleanout anywhere. Fortunately, I hired a good plumber, who found the cleanout in the crawl space hidden on the back side of a pipe where I couldn't see it. He fitted a short extension so it extends out the crawl space vent it was meant to be accessed through. Then he sent a camera down, and showed me that the clogs were due to the sewer line having peaks and valleys over it's path to the street.

Author: doubledragonx7 (AR)

I had the same problem a few months ago for buying the cheapest toilet I can find.
I didn't feel the need to do a research before buying because it was just not as important as we think a toilet is.
We only see a toilet's importance once we get in trouble when we really have to go. haha
This time around i searched the net for reviews to buy the best quality for my hard-earned money.
No more regrets as I'm satisfied with the quality of the toilet I bought.

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.