Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 595,000 Posts in over 175k Threads

Welcome to Plbg.com (aka: PlumbingForum.com) we are the most popular plumbing information sharing, advice, DIY and educational forum on the Web. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality, and plumbing related questions. Please refrain from asking where to purchase a product, business, pricing, or legal questions, for contractor referrals, or any questions not related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and no advertising. This site is free and made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Kinks in braided faucet supply line
Author: maccpaorl (FL)

I have four braided faucet supply lines that are kinked/bent so that the water flow is restricted. I cannot easily replace them as they are fabricated for the faucet and appear to be not available in either the big box stores or two large plumbing supply shops here in Orlando (non-standard connectors).

The 12" length of these hoses forces the bends to some degree. So I was wondering about a method to eliminate/straighten the kink?

I welcome any thoughts and suggestions. I really do not want to purchase new faucets or live with the slow water flow.

Re: Kinks in braided faucet supply line
Author: hj (AZ)

we would need a photo so we can see what kind of connections they have.

Author: packy (MA)

a very small hose clamp tightened slightly may get them close to round again.

I just added a link to a photo to my original post. I hope the link works.

Author: steve (CA)

No link

Author: george 7941

If the issue is that the integral flexible lines are too short and you do not want to move the supply valves closer, you can use extension supply lines to add extra length to the existing flexible lines.

Author: PlumberLoren (CA)

To add to what George posted, I would purchase connectors long enough to accomplish the following: As you attach and tighten the top connector you would come down and then turn back upward and around to form a circle and then attach the connection to the angle stop. This should prevent any kinks. Be careful not to interfere with your pop up connection for the drain. Good luck.

Author: steve (CA)

Do the hoses go from angle stops to the faucets or are the faucets "wide spread" and the hoses connect the valves with the spout tees?

Thanks to all! :thumb:

Thanks to all hat answered my post. I ended up using vice grips to lessen the impact of the previous extreme bends. I then tightened small hose clamps over the three worst spots. When installed, I made the tightest bends near the ends where the hose clamps were placed. The result was the best water flow the sinks have ever had!

Thank again.

Edited 1 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2017 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.