Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 600,000 posts related to plumbing

Welcome to Plbg.com (aka: PlumbingForum.com) we are the most popular plumbing information sharing, advice, DIY and educational forum on the Web. Ask any toilet, sink, faucet, pump, water quality, and plumbing related questions. Please refrain from asking where to purchase a product, business, pricing, or legal questions, for contractor referrals, or any questions not related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and no advertising. This site is free and made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 Hooking shower filter system to laundry sink?
Author: wint3er (OH)

I have an Aquasana filter system (http://www.aquasana.com/shower-head-water-filters/premium-shower-filter/white-shower-wand) and I want to hook it up to my sink in the basement which has a standard laundry sink faucet. I am just wondering, what adapter do I need to hook that filter to the faucet so I can use it. I want to be able to wash my hair in the sink with it.

Re: Hooking shower filter system to laundry sink?
Author: m & m (MD)

You would do best to purchase a shower hose/hand spray system and attach that to the faucet. Then substitute their shower hand sprayer for your filter head. Additional materials needed would be a 1/2" X close brass or stainless steel nipple and a spout adapter that would convert from your spout thread to 1/2" male pipe thread.

Author: packy (MA)

something like this is what you need. it will need a brass pipe nipple as well..
[www.conservationwarehouse.com]
that is if your faucet aerator is this size ???
might be best if you unscrew your faucet aerator and bring it to a hardware store along with the filter you have.

I just need a one piece adapter. I was told they exist but I don't know the name. The end of the faucet looks like the one in the picture below...

[images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

I'm not sure the size or anything. I know nothing about plumbing that is why I am asking. I need something to fit the end of that and connect to a standard shower head (that is what the filter system I use has).

Edited 1 times.

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

That's a 3/4" male hose thread , you'll need to go to a well stocked hardware store , plumbing supply ,or home improvement store to get the part that you need.

Author: m & m (MD)

You'll need a 3/4" female hose X 1/2" male pipe thread adapter. Thread that to the faucet end and then thread on your filter head.

Author: packy (MA)

[www.amazon.com]

Thanks m&m! & packy! :cheers:

Thanks m&m! & packy!

Edited 2 times.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2017 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.