Welcome to Plbg.com
Thank you to all the plumbing professionals who offer their advice and expertise

Over 698,000 strictly plumbing related posts

Plumbing education, information, advice, help and suggestions are provided by some of the most experienced plumbers who wish to "give back" to society. Since 1996 we have been the best online (strictly) PLUMBING advice site. If you have questions about plumbing, toilets, sinks, faucets, drains, sewers, water filters, venting, water heating, showers, pumps, and other strictly PLUMBING related issues then you've come to the right place. Please refrain from asking or discussing legal questions, or pricing, or where to purchase products, or any business issues, or for contractor referrals, or any other questions or issues not specifically related to plumbing. Keep all posts positive and absolutely no advertising. Our site is completely free, without ads or pop-ups and we don't tract you. We absolutely do not sell your personal information. We are made possible by:  

Post New
Search
How to Show Images
Newest Subjects
 DWV Rough-In Look Over - Please
Author: gbennett (GA)

Hello,

I had a few issues with my rough-in inspection and figured I'd ask for a little look over help before I call for a re-inspection. Everything has proper slope to the main drain.

Thanks for any help.

Master Bath:

Kids Bath: To fix venting issue with tub I hooked the 2" sink drain into the 2" bath drain after the bath trap. I used a 2" DWV Wye and a couple 45's (hard to see Wye but it's right around the red line).

Re: DWV Rough-In Look Over - Please
Author: packy (MA)

please don't be insulted..
A FEW ISSUES???
its a wonder the inspector didn't have a heart attack...
in my opinion. you can't fix that by moving a few pipes around.
my advice.. rip it out and start new..
maybe you can hire a local plumber for an hour to do a layout for you..

Packy,

Thanks for the post.

To be honest he did almost have a heart attack. If you have a minute can you just point out a couple things from either picture. You don't have to take a lot of your time. I appreciate anything.

Edited 1 times.

Author: packy (MA)

my original opinion still stands..
rip it out, toss the stuff in the dumpster..
get us a proposed layout of the fixtures so we can attempt to design a code compliant DWV system..

Packy,

Okay.

Edited 1 times.

Author: steve (CA)

and a layout of walls available to run vent(s) in.

Here's a quick layout of the bathrooms. The big red dot is a 3" pipe that sticks up from the basement slab. This is a single story house over an open floor plan basement. I'm trying to keep the plumbing up in the floor joist except of course the main 3" pipe that would run down the east basement wall to the red dot.

- The 14 sq ft area in the pictures are just closets.

- Joist run East to West.

- All interior walls are 2x4. All exterior walls are 2x6.

- None of the interior 2x4 walls are load bearing.

Edited 3 times.

Trying to find a plumber right now with the housing boom in my area is very hard. So I truly appreciate any help anyone will provide.

Been doing a lot of reading and research. I went and got new fittings and laid them out a way I think might work. Please let me know if I'm getting at least closer.

This would be replacing the Kids Bath Layout in the above pictures.

Wasn't sure if I needed the 1.5" vent after the tub trap but added it in red.

Thanks for any help.

Author: sum (FL)

are there any existing vents that penetrate the roof? or is everything new?

Author: North Carolina Plumber (NC)

That 2" 90 at the wye is a violation, it must be a long sweep. How far, in feet, is it from the outlet of the trap to the inlet of the 2" wye ?

North Carolina Plumber,

2" 90 to long sweep 90 understood and will be done if the rest of the configuration is okay.

It's around 5', under 6' for sure. I'll get an exact measurement.

Please note:
  • Inappropriate messages or blatant advertising will be deleted. We cannot be held responsible for bad or inadequate advice.
  • Plbg.com has no control over external content that may be linked to from messages posted here. Please follow external links with caution.
  • Plbg.com is strictly for the exchange of plumbing related advice and NOT to ask about pricing/costs, nor where to find a product (try Google), nor how to operate or promote a business, nor for ethics (law) and the like questions.
  • Plbg.com is also not a place to ask radiant heating (try HeatingHelp.com), electrical or even general construction type questions. We are exclusively for plumbing questions.

Search for plumbing parts on our sponsor's site:

Special thanks to our sponsor:
PlumbingSupply.com

Copyright© 2024 Plbg.com. All Rights Reserved.